Talk

Advanced search

FISHER PRICE RAINFOREST BABY CRADLE SWING WITH MOBILE - are these any good?

(18 Posts)
mumofdjandbabies Sat 09-Aug-08 21:34:10

SirDigbyChickenCaesar Sat 09-Aug-08 21:34:32

link please?

SirDigbyChickenCaesar Sat 09-Aug-08 21:35:34

looked it up myself
we had one very like this when DS was little it was FABULOUS!!!

worth every penny!!!

mumofdjandbabies Sat 09-Aug-08 21:46:55

oh really? never thought to do a link ha ha
duh sorry

hopefully heregrin

ToastAddict Sat 09-Aug-08 21:49:24

Got this when DD was 8 weeks or so. 8 weeks on and it's the only thing I can get her to sleep in during the day grin
When she's awake, she likes swinging in it too
In case you like the range (!), we've just bought the Jumperoo, which is a huge hit!!

nicolamumof3 Sat 09-Aug-08 21:50:03

I really, really wanted one of these. luckily i got to borrow one first and he hated it! I thought it was going to be my lifesaver. What was was the leapfrog learn and groove he got around 4months!!

mumofdjandbabies Sun 10-Aug-08 21:21:48

ooh right!
xxx hard to know what they will like eh?!

naomi83 Mon 11-Aug-08 11:04:30

our Ds was colicky and this thing was a lifesaver! for first three months he fell asleep in it every time, then till 5 months it gave him something to do so i could tidy up. was a lifesaver, but recommend trying your baby out in it in the shop first as not all babies love them

ToastAddict Mon 11-Aug-08 12:08:15

Yes, definitely try before you buy if you can - I had a go on a friend's swing as well as the jumperoo before getting ours (well, not me personally, but my daughter grin -but wouldn't it be great if they made adult-sized versions??)

nicolamumof3 Mon 11-Aug-08 13:28:55

god yeah, i could just fancy a go in there now myself!!

nicolamumof3 Mon 11-Aug-08 13:29:10

god yeah, i could just fancy a go in there now myself!!

lilyloo Mon 11-Aug-08 13:36:05

We just got the jumperoo for dd 6mths and she loves it however we had a rocking swing for her (not this one) and she was never very keen on that.
Def try before you buy either or get second hand from ebay. They are used that little they are practically brand new anyway!

ToastAddict Mon 11-Aug-08 13:37:47

Actually I've been telling porky pies blush Didn't look at your link until just now, the one we have is this one It is cheaper than the one you linked to and (most importantly) you can pack it up and stick it in the car easily. Or put it to one side of the room so that you don't feel like your entire living room is taken up by baby stuff grin
The only advantage I could see with the pricier one is that it swings back and forth and side to side. No idea if she would have liked side to side, she seems to cope with plain old back and forth

MrsJamin Mon 11-Aug-08 14:07:39

Sorry I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole. I can't stand these type of things, they totally overstimulate a baby, I just don't think they need it and young babies need gentler forms of entertainment. They look hideous too. hmm

Naetha Mon 11-Aug-08 22:28:52

I'll second the jumperoo as well - as DS is crawling now, it's the one place I can put him and potter around doing things while I know that he's happy and safe.

MrsMcJnr Mon 11-Aug-08 23:17:11

I coveted one when I was pregnant, had to have it for my DC but actually, my DS didn't like it and I've had to put it away now anyway as he could flip it over (he is 6 months) maybe the next one will like it better....! Totally agree that it is worth trying a friend's first!

PortAndLemon Mon 11-Aug-08 23:23:26

MrsJamin - Pre-DS I would have agreed with you entirely, but the only place I could get him to nap during the day was in the aquarium equivalent of this swing (which had an active rocking action and a shushy-shushy white noise setting). Up until eight weeks he just didn't nap apart from literally fifteen minutes at a time, but if I swaddled him and jiggled him to sleep I could put him in the swing for a couple of hours. It quite literally saved my sanity, and as he never went in it when awake I think he avoided overstimulation. Mind you, I've not got it out of storage for DD as she naps OK and I haven't seen the need.

mumofdjandbabies Tue 12-Aug-08 23:37:29

hmm some food for thought there , no one I can borrow one from sadly <sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now