Talk

Advanced search

Bumbo - at what age did your child stop using?

(8 Posts)
Housemum Sat 09-Aug-08 19:52:41

Hi - just trying to decide whether to eBay the Bumbo - DD3 has now escaped it a few times. She's 7 months old - the packaging suggests using up to 12 months, but she leans over and rolls out of it then looks v pleased with herself! As I use it mainly to keep an eye on her whilst in shower, am now thinking she would be safer just sat on the floor. Interested to know what experience others have had with Bumbos and how long they used them for?

CJMommy Sat 09-Aug-08 19:54:30

Brought it for DS when he was 3 months and he was climbing out of it by 5 and a half months!! He's now 7 months and it's been packed away for a while grin

nicolamumof3 Sat 09-Aug-08 19:55:41

we've got the v.similar bebe pod. And yes my son was leaning forward and climing out of it. I just give a basket of bath toys and keep bathroom door closed and they sit on floor and play.

tab1 Sat 09-Aug-08 19:56:12

7 months when dd rolled out onto her nose, used playpen just for short times when in shower etc.

rookiemater Sat 09-Aug-08 19:57:44

Used it for about 4 weeks, then DS got bored and refused to sit in it. Complete waste of money but good resale value.

onelittlelion Sat 09-Aug-08 23:51:40

Tried it at 5 months as ds hated it! He tried to escape from the very beginning so we stopped using it really as soon as he could sit up.

MuffinMclay Sun 10-Aug-08 16:53:14

Ds1 used it for ages, aged 4-7 months at a guess, and loved being in it. Ds2 (6 months) hates it and tries to climb out.

I wouldn't bother getting one for a 7 month old, tbh. Just put her on the floor.

ummadam Sun 10-Aug-08 20:14:01

DS has been able to sit unaided since about 5 months but does tend to wander off. We still sit him in his bebepod (is 7months now) when he is watching us do something like daddy doing DIY or the fish tank (which he loves) he has never been in it for very long so it is a bit of a treat to him and he hasn't tried to get out of it yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now