Talk

Advanced search

Anyway up Cup

(15 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Sat 09-Aug-08 19:05:10

Im having real trouble finding the classic anyway up cups on my high sreet, tried boots, the supermarkets, superdrug, the chemist, mothercare, babies r us!!! Anywhere online? tried ebay/amazon/boots!! Thanks grin

Seona1973 Sat 09-Aug-08 20:30:23

is this not it?

or this?

nicolamumof3 Sat 09-Aug-08 20:50:20

yes thats the one, they are normally only £1.99 in shops! If i buy one on amazon its going to work out £7 with the delivery...grrr!!!

KristinaM Sat 09-Aug-08 20:56:08

a pharmacist in boots told me they had stopped making them. she told me the reason but i cant type it without LOL its so stupid

misdee Sat 09-Aug-08 20:56:37

oh tell us why lol

nicolamumof3 Sat 09-Aug-08 20:58:12

yes please I want to know!!!

divastrop Sat 09-Aug-08 20:59:31

shockthey still sell them in my local tesco.

maybe i should buy a job lot if they dont make them anymore!

KristinaM Sat 09-Aug-08 21:01:36

[straightens face] because babies get addicted to sucking on them and and its been proved that sucking is bad for babies. it damages their teeth hmm

i asked her if it was Ok for babies to suck on nipples but she assumed I was talking about teats and said they were fine hmm

now boots they are only selling the cups with the spouts where the liquid flows without sucking ie all over your carpet

nicolamumof3 Sat 09-Aug-08 21:19:07

lol!!! I NEED an ANYWAY up cup NOW!! my 13month old has only just started to use and so does my 2.5yr old. I can't stand the wet floors and wet tops we get with free flow beakers.

KristinaM Sat 09-Aug-08 21:29:52

i have to confess that my 4yo and my 2yo BOTh use them. And the 8yo occasionally sneaks a drink too. So maybe its true about babies getting addicted to sucking shock

must go and wean 2yo Ds tonight in case he becomes addicted to breast feeding

divastrop Sat 09-Aug-08 22:09:33

hmm

my ds2 didnt get the shakes or anything when he stopped using his anywayup cup at about 2.6wink

i thought the juice cup/teeth issue was about proloned contact between teeth and sugar resulting in tooth decay.

does that mean that all cups which need to be sucked from are going to be banned?i dont think ill bother getting a new carpet untill dd3 is at least 5.

Seona1973 Sun 10-Aug-08 10:05:18

Boots have them on their website.

Seona1973 Sun 10-Aug-08 21:30:03

I think the pharmacist was talking rubbish. My local Boots had them on sale when I was in there today.

procrastinatingparent Sun 10-Aug-08 21:47:05

I have seen them various places (Tesco - often online which is where I bought my last one and in Boots) but what I really want is just replacement lids. Anyone seen those?

fedupandisolated Sun 10-Aug-08 21:57:05

It's not the sucking that causes the problems though - it's the crap some parents (and obviously I realise that this is none of us grin) put into the cups. Juice in a normal feeder cup is fine but put it into any of the non spill cups and you might just as well be putting it into a bottle. All the stuff sits for ages around the teeth. Dentists hate these cups apparently and I have seen some horror photos of children's teeth rotted due to stuff given in these cups.
Water in them is fine though - my son used to take one to bed with water in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now