Talk

Advanced search

Daisy Root Bobux - Can DD keep wearing these even though she's been walking for several weeks now?

(14 Posts)
FeelingLucky Fri 08-Aug-08 22:49:17

Read on the start-rite website that they need support from shoes when walking. But all the shoes look so wintery and uncomfortable for hot weather.

Can I just keep her in bobux, and if so for how long?
Am anxious because bobux aren;t properly fitted (in fact the ones she's currently wearing are a bit big, though they don't slip off) but at least they don;t constrict her feet.

MrsTicklemouse Fri 08-Aug-08 23:06:19

i am no expert and i'm sure someone will be along to say i'm talking rubbish but i'd of thought if they are those soft leather ones then she will be fine as she is effectively in bare feet, i would worry if she was walking out and about in them though, standing on a stone might not be too comfy!!

have you seen the clarks shoes for cruising/first steps they might be better? (not that i am a clarks buyer i hate they're boys shoes, its startrite for me too!!)

MrsTicklemouse Fri 08-Aug-08 23:09:03

ooh just looked on startrites website they have some pretty prewalkers

PInkyminkyohnooo Fri 08-Aug-08 23:14:21

I was told at my very good local independant shoe shop that they don't need proper shoes until they can walk across a room unaided.

PInkyminkyohnooo Fri 08-Aug-08 23:16:20

Ricosta do nice prewalkers too.

The prewalkers will protect her feet a bit more when walking outside, and they will be more waterproof.

thisisyesterday Fri 08-Aug-08 23:16:34

yes she'll be fine in them. barefeet for as long as possible is the best thing.

babies' feet do not need support. and no child's show will offer support because it will stop the foot from developing by itself.

TooTicky Fri 08-Aug-08 23:18:14

Isabooties are similar but have very tough bottoms - still thin and flexible but can withstand broken glass. Washable too.

PInkyminkyohnooo Sat 09-Aug-08 00:00:22

Tooticky I just googled those and they arte really lovely.smile

TooTicky Sat 09-Aug-08 00:02:49

Yes, they are great smile

Housemum Sat 09-Aug-08 00:27:02

If Bobux are like Shoo-shoos they are not intended for walking babies - I think it's either that the soles could be slippy, or that they don't fit to the foot so the baby has to use toes to grip them on/could develop bad habits?

nicolamumof3 Sat 09-Aug-08 13:53:17

My son has startrite pre-walkers they are lovely and worth every penny he is not yet walking unaided but walks around the park little climing frames and crawls about etc, so needed good protection on feet. The startite seem much more padded and just nicer then the clarks cruisers i had for my 2.5yr old.

CarGirl Sat 09-Aug-08 13:56:15

once she is walking enough to go outside lots and you need something those cruisers/pre-walkers are excellent and my foot bloke at the hospital said they are all they need and to keep them in them for as long as possible (ie until the sizes don't go big enough).

They are much cheaper than "proper" shoes and washable too grin

FeelingLucky Sat 09-Aug-08 19:14:56

those isabooties look gorgeous. would get a pair if we were loaded, but think we'll stick with bobux for now.

mejon Sat 09-Aug-08 20:58:31

My DD has just turned 2 and has been walking 'properly' since 13/14 months. She is still wearing her soft-soled Robeez in the house as slippers. The elastic around the ankle keeps them on perfectly fine and its just the same as being in socks only with a little added protection. She's also been known to wear them out in the garden with no ill-effects!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now