Talk

Advanced search

can i give up my dishwasher

(10 Posts)
misdee Fri 08-Aug-08 21:55:51

[sobs]

cani cope with a family of soon to be 6?

is life too short to do the washing up?

CarGirl Fri 08-Aug-08 21:57:08

don't do it, dishwashers are more ecologically friendly.

could you get a slimeline one, we manage fine with one still don't fill it every day.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Fri 08-Aug-08 21:58:01

Sell a child, do not get rid of your dishwasher.

Tidgypuds Fri 08-Aug-08 21:58:04

I have done without mine since April when it broke. Im now in credit on the electric bill for 80 quid grin. We are 3 though not 6!

misdee Fri 08-Aug-08 21:59:31

would have to get my dad to rip out a cupboard to fit it in.

i'll be ok for a little while wont i?

unknownrebelbang Fri 08-Aug-08 21:59:33

I tried, when my dishwasher packed up a couple of months before the planned refit of the kitchen.

I think we lasted a week or so...

CarGirl Fri 08-Aug-08 22:04:08

the obvious solution is making it your dh's & dd1's job to do all the washing up!

CarGirl Fri 08-Aug-08 22:09:27

the obvious solution is making it your dh's & dd1's job to do all the washing up!

LovelyDear Fri 08-Aug-08 22:13:56

i don't have one in my new house. so far so good, that's since may. there are 4 of us. i find there's less circulation of stuff - you tend to grab what you need from the drainer so it doesn't get put away. quicker, i reckon. and good for the soul.

geordieminx Fri 08-Aug-08 22:17:39

Ours packed up in May too - I have to say I dont really miss it - I thought my life would be over but to be honest as a family of 3 it was taking ages to get it full enough to set away, was stinking and did my head in. Its no more effort to wash a few pots as we go along - I'm training ds to put stuff away - we have mastered spoons so far... he's only 15 months grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now