Talk

Advanced search

Bugaboo problems - any thoughts on what will happen?

(4 Posts)
Flightputsonahat Fri 08-Aug-08 20:14:48

I got one half price as it was the 07 model - from Mothercare. The seat frame had a dent/slit in the foam so they ordered me a new frame, which took about 6 weeks to arrive. Got it home, put it together for the first time and the thing emits a load fart every rotation of the wheel when on a left handed pavement.

Brake evidently rubbing...swapped wheels, same thing on same side so it is a frame/brake fault, not a wared wheel etc.

Took it back immediately, woman knows me by now and gives me an ex display one to borrow.

Anyway she said she would order me a new frame as she had a good look and says it is indeed duff.

Today they rang me, nothing yet fro Bugaboo (been another 3 weeks I think) but they rang Bugaboo who demanded to know which side is rubbing. I told them.

They have no idea if I will get a new frame or they will jsut try to repair the old one.

I am a bit pissed off with this as it was meant to be new, it wasn't display or anything, just the last one in stock.

So what next - any experience? Should I just go for a refund as I haven't even had 24hrs use of it yet.

Flightputsonahat Fri 08-Aug-08 20:15:13

sorry warped wheel.

Teaandcake Fri 08-Aug-08 22:36:03

Bugaboo will probably replace the chassis. They rarely fix them these days, just take the serial number and date of purchase then send out a new chassis to the retailer.

There is a bit of a wait at the moment, Bugaboo don't have any replacement chassis in stock right now so will send one as soon as they do.

Flightputsonahat Sat 09-Aug-08 06:51:27

Oh right! Thanks! That's good to know - do you work in the industry?

It looks like I might get a 2008 chassis which is nice - the other was the older model.
I just hope they don't say 'we can't find a problem with it' as there was a definite squeak on every rotation, it was quite embarrassing when we test drove it - luckily not many people about! smile

Fart...fart...fart

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now