Advanced search

If your buggy breaks, who do you contact?

(15 Posts)
Pippinella Fri 08-Aug-08 19:40:25

I have a fault on my Maclaren double, it was bought from Mothercare earlier this year. The strap which holds the seat in place has snapped so the seat just reclines flat and won't hold up.

Do I contact Mothercare where I bought it, or Maclaren direct - what do you think they will do?

Thanks for any advice!

misdee Fri 08-Aug-08 19:40:56


thisisyesterday Fri 08-Aug-08 19:42:40

your contract is with the shop you bought it from.

FrazzledFairyFay Fri 08-Aug-08 19:42:50

Always contact the retailer first as it is their responsibility to replace it if it is faulty, and within guarantee.

DonDons Fri 08-Aug-08 19:43:06

depends who the guarantee is with - you have a 12 motnh guarantee with mothercare as a matter of law, but did you register with mcclaren after you bought it? They might fix it directly

ajm200 Fri 08-Aug-08 19:46:45

Mothercare are pretty good. We had a pram that wasn't purchased through them that developed a fault. We couldn't get hold of the original retailer but Mothercare ordered the part for us. Obviously we paid as they weren't the retailer we purchased it through

I believe that they may also offer loan prams while yours is being repaired.

Pippinella Fri 08-Aug-08 19:46:48

No I don't think I ever registered it with Maclaren.

Thanks for the replies. Will they offer to repair it or get me a whole new buggy? Its really just just one strap/clasp thingy!

FrazzledFairyFay Fri 08-Aug-08 19:51:47

I would have thought that they'd repair it / order a new part, rather than replacing it

thisisyesterday Fri 08-Aug-08 19:52:19

they will prob send it to be repaired. they are within their rights to do this.
you should def ask about a loan pushchair while it';s away though.

Pippinella Fri 08-Aug-08 19:56:25

And one more Q: do i need to find the original receipt?

thisisyesterday Fri 08-Aug-08 19:58:21

it would help. technically you don't have to produce one, because by law they don't have to give you one. but obviously difficult to prove you bought it there otherwise.

if you don't have it could you get a bank statement that shows you spent x amount there whenever it was you got it??

you may find it's fine anyway, but best to have it just in case

ajm200 Fri 08-Aug-08 19:58:31

You'll need the receipt if you want them to honour a warranty and probably to get a loaner buggy too. If you are willing to pay for the part, they'll order it for you without any proof of purchase. See my previous posting.

elkiedee Fri 08-Aug-08 20:00:13

Our buggy had a sticker on it showing that it came from Mothercare, which had to stay on to maintain the guarantee. Do you still have that on? I'm sure the receipt would be helpful as well.

Pippinella Fri 08-Aug-08 20:10:02

Thanks so much everyone for the advice, i will be taking a trip to M'care tomorrow!

And have a rummage for the receipt as well.

I'll let you know how I get on.

nicolamumof3 Sat 09-Aug-08 13:58:31

also I think for purchases after October 07 maclaren have now introduced a 'lifetime' warranty.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: