Talk

Advanced search

bugaboo bee on the bus?

(10 Posts)
firsttimer08 Fri 08-Aug-08 13:38:52

Does anyone know if a bugaboo bee can fit through the front part of a bus?

I'm thinking of buying one, as it is lightweight and easy to manouvre. This would suit me as I will mostly travelling by tube and bus in London. I just want to make sure though that it can fit through the bus, because sometimes I've seen people struggling in getting their strollers through the bus and have to use the back doors to get on the bus.

mustsleep Fri 08-Aug-08 13:45:27

hi

i have a bugaboo bee but haven;t used it yet as i'm not sue till sept

but i have had many pushchairs with my other two and would say that the bee would easily fit onto a kneeling bus as it's no wider than a maclaren etc

hth

quickerthistimeplease Fri 08-Aug-08 21:20:11

I always use my Bugaboo Chameleon on buses in London with no problems at all. The Bee should be a breeze

SalLikesCoffee Fri 08-Aug-08 21:41:00

Yes, the Bee goes through easily.

firsttimer08 Sat 09-Aug-08 18:39:00

Thanks.

Btw does one need both the footmuff and coccoon or is the coccoon sufficient?

SalLikesCoffee Sat 09-Aug-08 19:52:59

Well, when I bought mine the salesperson suggested not buying the coccoon at all and rather buying a sheepskin liner. The benefit of that is that it is still cosy for a newborn, but also suitable in warmer weather.

So we did that and I'm really grateful for that tip, as it means it can still be used even when my ds is a little older.

I'll probably buy the footmuff in winter. I think you'll eventually need both (if you want the cocoon as well), as the cocoon only lasts for a very limited period.

firsttimer08 Sat 09-Aug-08 20:41:56

thanks SalLikes Coffee. Is the sheepskin liner a bugaboo one or we can buy a generic one? where from?

Btw how's your experience so far with the bee? everyone says the baby outgrows it rather quick, but i would expect in any case a stroller not to last beyond 2 years given the natural wear and tea.

SalLikesCoffee Sat 09-Aug-08 20:57:49

No, it's not a bugaboo one, it's a generic one, think we bought our from John Lewis. I know Mothercare also sells them.

I've just searched, I can't find one on the John Lewis website, but this one on Mothercare - I think they're all similar.

Well, I'm in two minds about the Bee. When it works well, I love it - easy steering, lovely and small for London's transport etc. However... my first one actually fell apart! shock Apparently one of the screws on the chassis wasn't added / fastened in the factory, and as a result the whole thing pulled apart, resulting in a disastrous London trip where it first became a bit wobbly, then lopsided, and by the time I turned back, I had to carry my baby as the leg support slipped completely!

In Bugaboo's defence, I've never heard of this happening to anyone else, and they did send me a replacement chassis (took a month, so schlepp). But for something that was relatively expensive and less than 2 months old, I found it shocking.

As far as the fit, this depends on your baby. I'll be amazed if mine makes it to 2 years, but then, he is a little fatty.

You wouldn't have thought it based on my post above, but if I have to choose again, I'd still buy it.

firsttimer08 Sun 10-Aug-08 08:53:43

Thanks, I tried it out at John Lewis as well and i loved it. So will find out about the sheepskin liner from them. I heard that John Lewis also give you a replacement stroller while your pram is being fixed.

Could I also just use the footmuff to do the dual job of keeping the baby warm and cosy in the early months? It seems the nest /sheepskin liner are for comfort while the footmuff for warmth. What if i need both !

Someone on another forum complained about the brighter colours - that they attract insects. Have you experienced that? I was going to go for blue or red, but now i'm just going a bit crazy thinking about which 'bugs' are attracted to blue and which to red grin.

SalLikesCoffee Sun 10-Aug-08 09:49:59

No,I haven't had any problems with insects at all (and I've got a red one).

Sorry, I don't know whether you could just use the footmuff, as I haven't bought one yet. I guess you could, as the liner/nest is really just to make it more cosy, so I guess you might be able to put a soft blanket or something in (argh, I've just realised this sounds extremely pfb-y - I'm sure he would have been fine without, but I just felt he was so tiny that he needed to be "cocooned" a bit!) blush) He's now 4 months and I've taken the liner out anyway, so it's probably not really necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now