Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a Graco Stadium Duo Pushchair and a tape measure? Need some information about it!

(14 Posts)
ceebee74 Fri 08-Aug-08 12:05:39

I am quite keen to buy one of these but there seems to be some confusion over the height of the pushchair when it is folded.

Mothercare say it is 97cm, Argos say it is 115cm and this website says it is 100cm!! Unfortunately this is key as it has to be 100cm or under to fit in my car boot.

So if anyone has one, please could you fold it up and measure the length of it smile

ceebee74 Fri 08-Aug-08 13:36:18

Bump

Tinkerisdead Fri 08-Aug-08 13:40:08

ha ha ceebee, i thought this was merrymarigold using her stick to gauge how big prams were!

ceebee74 Fri 08-Aug-08 16:15:03

Drswife - grin at that. Tis only me but it would appear nobody actually has one of these!!

sazm Fri 08-Aug-08 20:44:58

i used to have one.dont any more im afraid.
is there any shops near you who stock it so you could try it in your car??

if you take the front hood and snack tray off it makes it much shorter too.

good luck x

ceebee74 Fri 08-Aug-08 21:17:47

Sazm - thanks for that. I can't find any local shops that sell it - even Mothercare is website exclusive so can't even go in there and try it.

I guess I am just going to have to order it and then take it back if it is too long.

sazm Fri 08-Aug-08 22:06:15

what kind of car do you have?

bigcar Sat 09-Aug-08 11:44:01

If it's any help, I had one many moons ago! As sazm says, the confusion may be that it is shorter folded without the hood and tray on. Without the hood and tray on, it used to fit in the boot of my (now older style) renault clio. Wasn't too much of a faff to take the tray and hood off everytime it went in the car either.

Ready4anotherCoffee Sat 09-Aug-08 11:52:47

It is shorter without the front hood on, my always had it off to fit in the boot. What car is it? If you want I will measure mine in the attic later.

4andnotout Sat 09-Aug-08 11:55:26

Just feeding dd3 and then will measure mine

ceebee74 Sat 09-Aug-08 13:04:41

4noutout/Ready4anothercoffee - that would be very helpful! Also, what colour have you got? I really really like the Butterscotch one but DH thinks it will get dirty too easily.

I have a Mazda 2 (new style one) and my current single pushchair only just fits in the boot and that is 100cm tall when folded.

4andnotout Sat 09-Aug-08 13:22:59

Mine is black with green trim, Its 125 cm with the hood on and 110cm without We were going to buy it in butterscotch for when dd4 arrives my they put the price up both £15 overnight and it chuffed dp off hmm

ceebee74 Sat 09-Aug-08 13:29:09

Thanks for that - unfortuately it is going to be too long I think sad I really wanted this pushchair aswell as we aren't actually going to use a double pushchair that much so didn't want to spend too much money on it. DH just thinks he won't look good pushing the butterscotch one hmm

I wonder why Mothercare say it is 97cm then??

4andnotout Sat 09-Aug-08 13:37:54

Is there no where local that you can try it in your boot? We have a very narrow boot which is restricting our choice but as dd3 will only be 13 months when dd4 arrives we will need a double for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now