Talk

Advanced search

Be warned returning stuff to M&S online is a nightmare!!!!!!!!

(7 Posts)
MilaMae Thu 07-Aug-08 14:36:34

Went into the store to return some school uniform things oh my god what a cake and arse party!!!!!!!

There are no item prices on the returns slip so when the till rings up an incorrect price you don't have a leg to stand on. Made the lady sign it,so when I rang the office I'd have proof as apparantly she couldn't give the difference to me.

She tried to ring the office they didn't bother picking up(huge queue and my 3 bored kids).

She then didn't scan in all of some further items (thankfully I can add up in my head so made her re-scan it all).

She then couldn't get it to go back on to my credit card so had to put it on my debit card.

Rang the office last night,weren't authorised to give me MY money back, just rang the office now. They have but sent an e-mail saying it was for an item I haven't returned so presume I will get letters asking where said item is!!!!!!

Too tired to ring back. Taking stuff back to Next is sooooo much easier,will never complain about them again. Never ordering from M&S ever again!!!!!!!!

Rant now over grin grin grin

Pinkjenny Thu 07-Aug-08 14:43:30

Returning stuff to the shop is a nightmare too, as I experienced a couple of weeks ago. I always thought they prided themselves on their service.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 07-Aug-08 14:45:17

M&S are shite.

I refer you to my thread

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/1375/578689

MilaMae Thu 07-Aug-08 16:07:47

Oh DWP what a nightmare,did you hear back???

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 07-Aug-08 16:09:07

I think to be fair, it is the staff member who was rubbish. I have taken things back and not had a problem.

MilaMae Thu 07-Aug-08 16:19:14

It's the system AND the staff,fancy not having the price you paid for items on the returns slip,no staff back up(she knew she had to refund the difference but couldn't).

The 3 for 2 offer has apparantly caused loads of problems,there were 3 of them in a huddle about it,nobody knew what to do.

I then ring TWICE and they've STILL not sorted it!!!!!!!!!!angry angry angry I just think they're cutting corners everywhere software,training,staff etc. It really isn't worth the hassle, Next do school uniform practically the same will just get it from there in future.

Must let it go now grin

MuffinMclay Thu 07-Aug-08 16:41:04

Currently having a returns dispute with M&S myself. They finally took back a damaged item of furniture today. Took me lots of phonecalls to get them to agree to take it back, and then they made me wait 3 weeks to collect it. Had to sit with a huge box cluttering up my sitting room all the while.

Watching my bank account with baited breath now to see if they credit it with the money owed, or whether the saga will drag on and on (I fear the latter).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now