Talk

Advanced search

Wellingtons for big calves!!

(4 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Thu 07-Aug-08 07:46:50

I dont' think i've got especially fat legs but all the wellingtons i've tried on so far seem a bit tight!! I need some for the winter as I walk everywhere, any suggestions where to try...please!! Thanks smile

LostGirl Thu 07-Aug-08 08:01:15

Hi, I have a pair of these. Ridiculously expensive for a pair of wellies I know, but they are so much more comfortable it is worth it. I have a similar problem in regards to normally finding boots too tight on my calves despite not having especially fat legs (IMO!) but these have enough room to comfortably tuck trousers into as well. Alternatively my dh has the Argyll ones (from same company) and these are much wider (and cheaper).

Macdog Thu 07-Aug-08 08:32:33

I have Muckboots from our local saddlery store.
They are also ridiculously expensive! (example prices here), but they are incredibly warm and comfortable. The neoprene leg stretches and 'hugs' your leg making it easy to walk for distance in.
dh and I both have these and they've been worth every penny

MrsJamin Thu 07-Aug-08 08:37:27

I bought some Dunlop Wellies, from Millets, only £9.99, size 6 upwards - if you don't mind knowing they're made for men! I have chunky calves and they fitted really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now