Talk

Advanced search

cat nets ... do they actually work??

(8 Posts)
tweeni Wed 06-Aug-08 22:43:16

how can a cat net hold the weight of a cat? surely a cat would just jump on it and it would collapse?

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 06-Aug-08 22:46:38

I have a cat and never used a cat net. The cat never went near the babies in their cots or even now in their beds.
I thought the image of a cat all tangled in a cat net going bezerk over a baby's head was worse than the thought of a cat sitting in the cot.

Washersaurus Wed 06-Aug-08 23:03:09

The cat never went near the babies in their beds, but I did try one on the moses basket to stop them from sleeping in there when the bed was empty. The cat just used its weight to push it down and nested on it - useless!

whooosh Wed 06-Aug-08 23:04:36

Just forget it-one of thos eold wives "scary"tales!

tweeni Wed 06-Aug-08 23:09:05

washersaurus - did the cat net still stay fitted or did it ping off when the cat jumped on it?

Washersaurus Wed 06-Aug-08 23:10:39

It just sort of sank in the middle into the bed with the cats weight (she looked very comfy) - I can't see the point in the nets really. I would have been better off covering the moses basket in tin foil grin

tweeni Wed 06-Aug-08 23:12:51

so the elastic was still fitted securely around the moses basket when the cat sat on it?

Washersaurus Thu 07-Aug-08 10:23:31

Yes I think so, the net was quite roomy I seem to remember, so wasn't taut across the basket to start with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now