Talk

Advanced search

Please help! Baby gate needed that only fixes at the bottom!

(5 Posts)
pgwithnumber3 Wed 06-Aug-08 21:56:42

Have stairs going down to the kitchen but there is nothing to fix a normal babygate to at the top, just the bottom, has anyone seen anything that would be of use?

I am getting desperate as these stairs are the bane of my life with crawling DD2.

ajm200 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:26:38

I've never seen anything like that and would be concerned about safetly/stability as children love to climb on stairgates.

Have you seen the rollerblind style gates.. I don't know how they fix but they might work for you.

pgwithnumber3 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:32:46

Thanks ajm, you are right, there is nothing out there. DH is going to add a post to the end of the stairs so we can fix a baby gate to it.

I have had the rollerblind style before, they aren't suitable for what I need but thanks anyway!

CarGirl Thu 07-Aug-08 18:41:09

what about the babydan with the 3 sides, much wider so could attach somewhere different altogether?

pgwithnumber3 Thu 07-Aug-08 19:58:05

CarGirl, thanks, I have already given that a thought but I don't have enough space around the stairs to fit it to, I wouldn't be able to get into the kitchen (which would be no loss!). It is a pain in the arse!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: