Talk

Advanced search

Please help! Baby gate needed that only fixes at the bottom!

(5 Posts)
pgwithnumber3 Wed 06-Aug-08 21:56:42

Have stairs going down to the kitchen but there is nothing to fix a normal babygate to at the top, just the bottom, has anyone seen anything that would be of use?

I am getting desperate as these stairs are the bane of my life with crawling DD2.

ajm200 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:26:38

I've never seen anything like that and would be concerned about safetly/stability as children love to climb on stairgates.

Have you seen the rollerblind style gates.. I don't know how they fix but they might work for you.

pgwithnumber3 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:32:46

Thanks ajm, you are right, there is nothing out there. DH is going to add a post to the end of the stairs so we can fix a baby gate to it.

I have had the rollerblind style before, they aren't suitable for what I need but thanks anyway!

CarGirl Thu 07-Aug-08 18:41:09

what about the babydan with the 3 sides, much wider so could attach somewhere different altogether?

pgwithnumber3 Thu 07-Aug-08 19:58:05

CarGirl, thanks, I have already given that a thought but I don't have enough space around the stairs to fit it to, I wouldn't be able to get into the kitchen (which would be no loss!). It is a pain in the arse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now