Talk

Advanced search

am i being thick about returning something or what?

(7 Posts)
Moomin Fri 11-Feb-05 22:33:14

bought some boots from asos.com and they were sposed to be size 7 but i couldn't even get my foot in them.
am i sposed to pay for them to be returned myself? there's no pre-paid label in the box, just a form to fill in. have read it over and over and wonder if i'm being thick and missing something. their returns policy is here

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 11-Feb-05 22:35:25

I would contact them or just put the receipt for postage in the parcel.

janeybops Fri 11-Feb-05 22:35:33

As it says this

If the item you received is faulty or is not what you originally ordered, please e-mail care@asos.com quoting your order number, your name and address, details of the product and the reason for return, and whether you require a refund or a replacement. We will then advise on how to proceed with the return.

I would e mail them and say they are not what you ordered re. size and ask them what to do.

Gwenick Fri 11-Feb-05 22:35:40

Yep I'd say you have to pay for the return yourself

"The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. For your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods."

taramac Fri 11-Feb-05 22:38:49

I would email them - e-mail care@asos.com as the shoes aren't what you ordered - sizing is wrong as see what they say.

Otherwise it seems to me that you have to pay to return them and that its your responsibility if they go missing etc - not a great policy tbh!

Moomin Fri 11-Feb-05 22:39:57

thanks - yeah it's rubbish isn't it? serves me right for thinking i was getting a pair of bargain boots for £26.

HunkerMunker Fri 11-Feb-05 23:09:38

I think that as it's not what you ordered, they should pay (from what Janeybops copied to this thread, that should be the case).

That's what's happened when I've returned things to internet companies before (faulty things, but not what you ordered comes under the same bracket).

Email them in a tone that expects them to pay, iyswim. Don't let it enter into the conversation - just ask them to send a pre-paid sticker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now