Talk

Advanced search

Which fetal heart monitor/doppler shall i buy?

(5 Posts)
nobodysfool Wed 06-Aug-08 17:52:12

I have borrowed a friends "summer" heart monitor and am finding it really comforting and would like to buy my own.
What one would you recommend or avoid?
TIA.

Shelly679 Fri 08-Aug-08 13:24:19

I also have the Summer one, its good but only suitable from about 21 weeks and sometimes heartbeat is hard to find. Have a look on Ebay, I think the Angelcare brand has got some good reviews. (sorry I don't know how to do links to it)

fairibell Fri 08-Aug-08 14:47:10

I have the hibebe one from here http://www.anawiz.com/acatalog/HiBebe__BT200_Sound.html can get it with the digital thing that shows beats per mmin too - but i found counting easy enough!

Says can hear from 12 weeks but in 2nd pregnancy picked it up from 8!

nobodysfool Mon 11-Aug-08 17:14:57

Thanks for all your advice have now got the anglesounds pink monitor and it arrived this morning and it's fantastic.Found the heartbeat and heart lots of kicking and punching.Worth the money IMO.

Shelly679 Tue 12-Aug-08 11:41:53

Thats great, good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
Your post reminded me to dig out my summer monitor for this pregnancy - its not really that good - very hard to find heartbeat but could hear lots of kicks and feel plenty of movement so I know everything is ok but would not recommend it to anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now