Talk

Advanced search

Outdoor toys - swings etc

(20 Posts)
tassis Fri 11-Feb-05 17:25:45

We're thinking about buying a garden swing for ds' 2nd birthday and wondered whether we should push the boat out and go straight for a swing/slide combo. Any opinions or suggestions? Is he way too young? (there's not a lot else he needs and I don't want too many more indoor toys!!)

Also thinking about suggesting sand pit to grandparents. Any thoughts here?

milge Fri 11-Feb-05 17:29:30

TP toys from the ELC are excellent. My 2yo DT's love their swing/climb frame/slide combo. My hearts in my mouth all the time whilst they are enjoying themselves though...

tassis Fri 11-Feb-05 17:31:03

Thanks milge. I just picked up the new ELC catalogue this afternoon and it set me thinking. Birthday's not until April! Does your 2yo use the baby seat for the swing still?

milge Fri 11-Feb-05 17:32:39

Ds doesn't, he's on the kids swing, dd does, but she is SN and is still really a baby. Well worth the money getting them something bigger they will grow into( sorry, i always speak in the plural cos thats what i am used to.)

KatieMac Fri 11-Feb-05 17:36:46

Theres a lovely sandpit with a canopy at B&Q I'm getting one for my mindees.

tassis Fri 11-Feb-05 17:49:52

Thanks for mentioning B&Q Katie, I must look there. Ds has a great slide from there that's been a huge success (in fact he's playing on it at the moment).

logic Fri 11-Feb-05 17:55:14

Definately recommend the tp stuff. Ds has the slide and climbing frame with tent and he loves it to bits. He has the swing too but he's not very bothered with that. Still, the stuff has been living in the garden for a year now and still looks pristine. I am also terrified whever he is using it though, milge! I just grit my teeth because you can't totally overprotect them. I am of the opinion that if you don't let them learn how to climb properly then they really will injure themselves.

Aero Fri 11-Feb-05 18:38:22

Another shout for TP here. We got the climbing frame when ds1 was 2 and he's fast approaching 7 and it's still used on a regular basis and still looks great.
We also have a double swing and see-saw which was very cheap (£40) from D&A toys. Although it's still going after three years, it's rusty in places and couldn't hold a candle to the TP stuff, so if you can afford it that's what I'd recommend.

littlemissbossy Fri 11-Feb-05 18:42:58

tassis, have a look at www.outdoortoysdirect.co.uk loads of ideas on there, haven't used the co myself but a friend recommended them

sassy Fri 11-Feb-05 21:09:56

Tassis - don't know where you are but if you are inm West MIdlands, the TP toy factory is worth a visit cos all the stuff is much cheaper than in the shops. It is in a small town called Stourport on Severn, near Worcester - let me know if you want more detailed directions!

bensmum3 Fri 11-Feb-05 21:32:51

I'd definately go for TP if you can afford it, we live 100 yrds from the sea, grandma bought dd and ds1 a swing / monkey bar combination last winter and it still looks as good as new, it will be easy to put a baby swing on for ds2 if we decide to get one (either on an extention or to change the existing swing) and has a lifetime guarantee against rust !

RTKangaMummy Fri 11-Feb-05 21:38:05

We have QUADRO which is brill

we got it first years ago then added some and made it huge

You can design whatever shape you like

Also you can take it apart and start again.

There are diagrams to follow and instructions if you want

RTKangaMummy Fri 11-Feb-05 21:39:10

And because it is made from very strong plastic it will never rust.

An elephant can stand on it

or a mummy and daddy

KatieMac Fri 11-Feb-05 22:12:17

RTKM - do you have a link for Quadro I thought I'd have a look

RTKangaMummy Fri 11-Feb-05 22:18:07

usa site

I will try to find site where we got ours but this is same stuff

KatieMac Fri 11-Feb-05 22:25:53

Very nice - I want some.......

RTKangaMummy Fri 11-Feb-05 22:29:08

I can really recommend it

It is very strong and we have it set up with double height slide and like a pirate ship

All his friends really like it especially because it is different.

KatieMac Fri 11-Feb-05 22:32:13

Better hadn't put it in the garden tho' - the neighbours might complain

RTKangaMummy Fri 11-Feb-05 22:33:48

we also got sent the tiny mini quadro for DS to plan how the big one would turn out.

It is for models etc

RTKangaMummy Fri 11-Feb-05 22:36:17

I personnaly think it is better value than TP as it is so versitile.

It is your garden

OK ours is very tall and huge but kids love it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now