Talk

Advanced search

best highchair that stores flat (not much room in small kitchen)

(16 Posts)
katiekittlemouse Tue 05-Aug-08 14:44:00

can anyone recommend?

giddykipper Tue 05-Aug-08 14:45:53

I had a similar problem and ended up getting a Tripp Trapp because it slides under the table out of the way. Otherwise you could get a booster seat that sits on a chair. All the folding ones I found were really big.

izzybiz Tue 05-Aug-08 14:46:09

Do you have a table and chairs?

We don't have much room in our kitchen, so I'm going to get a seat that straps to a kitchen/dining chair. You can get reclining ones for about £35.

NotDoingTheHousework Tue 05-Aug-08 14:46:34

Message withdrawn

MamaGLovesMe Tue 05-Aug-08 14:46:45

I am selling 3 highchairs.

A booster cushion
A travel high chair
A prima pappa that folds in half.

Very skint so bargains to be had!

giddykipper Tue 05-Aug-08 14:47:56

These are pretty good too if space is limited.

AnotherFineMess Tue 05-Aug-08 14:48:49

We got a folding booster that straps to chair but folds flat and can be hooked over back of door/shelf for storage.

It was about £15 from Asda & one of the best things we bought - it oacks flat enough to put in a suitcase for holidays or under buggy for meals out.

wonderstuff Tue 05-Aug-08 14:51:22

We have the cosatto as we have no table, now dd is 9mo and getting quite big getting her in and out is getting challenging! She is a very chubby baby though

shhhh Tue 05-Aug-08 15:04:42

cosatto on the move is brill. Ds had to be a big sturdy to sit in it ok at first but now its brill and ds is 16 months..still a while left yet.

Cheap and ideal as no doubt it will be binned after final use iykiwm....no problem as it was only £40 unlike the £120 we paid for dd's..!

yorkiegal Tue 05-Aug-08 15:22:24

Hi we have a booster seat on our dining chair have used it since dd was 6months ish she is now over 2yrs like this

katiekittlemouse Tue 05-Aug-08 19:06:48

Mamaglovesme - how much do you want for the prima papa - is it in good condition as I am buying as a pressie for my sister's baby?
Ah, and whereabouts are you?

MrsJamin Tue 05-Aug-08 19:11:39

A Handysitt is what you need, if you can afford it - it folds so neatly flat, and secures easily to a chair. It's got a very subtle design too, and really ergonomic. Wouldn't hesitate in recommending it for the purposes you've explained.

uptomyeyes Tue 05-Aug-08 19:15:32

Handysitt is great but not for very young children as there is nothing to stop them slipping sideways. We've got one, it is great both for travelling (pops into the basket under the pushchair) and its fab at home. Folds flat so that it slides between the wall and the fridge when not in use - we have had ours for 6 years still in daily use, but we did use a full highchair when the kids were under about 10 months.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Tue 05-Aug-08 20:04:02

Hi Katie

I think it is in good condition and I would clean it. I was hoping for £35. I am in Kent. pic here

katiekittlemouse Wed 06-Aug-08 09:23:40

thanks, it looks like it is good condition.. I am in Berks, nr Reaidng so miles away. My mum seems to have sourced one for my sister now from a friend. thanks anyway - good luck with selling your stuff.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Wed 06-Aug-08 10:19:17

sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now