Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for presents for 1 yr old

(7 Posts)
MrsAlwaysRight Tue 05-Aug-08 14:04:18

I'm after some suggestions for presents for my DD's 1st birthday. I quite like the look of wheelie bugs and rocking toys but am open to suggestions. Budget - £80 ish. Thanks in advance smile

shhhh Tue 05-Aug-08 15:14:41

wheelie bugs good BUT 1st size may even be a bit to big atm and tbh you are better buying the bigger size iykwim as it lasts longer iykiwm...apparently the 1st size is outgrown quite easily...

For dd's 1st birthday we bought for a activity centre for the garden as she had/has lots of indoor toys. The one we got was around £100 I think and inc a slide and bridge etc. Now age 3 she still loves it!

that said..for her 3rd birthday we bought her a play house and ds (15 months at the time) absolutly adores it!

shhhh Tue 05-Aug-08 15:14:42

wheelie bugs good BUT 1st size may even be a bit to big atm and tbh you are better buying the bigger size iykwim as it lasts longer iykiwm...apparently the 1st size is outgrown quite easily...

For dd's 1st birthday we bought for a activity centre for the garden as she had/has lots of indoor toys. The one we got was around £100 I think and inc a slide and bridge etc. Now age 3 she still loves it!

that said..for her 3rd birthday we bought her a play house and ds (15 months at the time) absolutly adores it!

shhhh Tue 05-Aug-08 15:18:06

ooppsss... blush

naomi83 Wed 06-Aug-08 17:06:41

our friends got this for their noe year old, she loves it and so does my DS:
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3481705/Trail/searchtext%3EFISHER+PRICE+CHAIR.htm
our son loves this one:
www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001151&langId=-1&search Terms=LEAPFROG+ACTIVITY+TABLE&Submit=GO+%3E
with your budget, you could get both, and never have to leave the house till she's two!
also just found this, which looks fab, and only half price:
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0473431/Trail/searchtext%3ETOY+KITCHEN.htm

MrsAlwaysRight Thu 07-Aug-08 13:40:52

Thanks for the suggestions smile

amidaiwish Fri 08-Aug-08 08:39:33

DD1 got a small wheelybug for her first birthday and DD2, nearly 3 still whizzes round on it. It has been a great toy.

- aqua draw
- small trampoline
- activity cube
- doll with pushchair, crib etc.

some good ideas here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now