Talk

Advanced search

Wall stickers for bedroom

(14 Posts)
Rosie29 Tue 05-Aug-08 12:31:49

I want to find some of those big stickers -like trees, flowers etc that you can stick on the wall.
Any ideas where to buy them either online or on the high street?
Thanks

savoycabbage Tue 05-Aug-08 12:38:35

Amazon have got them and or course good old e-bay. I think they are called stickarounds.

Oh and vertbaudet. They have some lovely ones. And GLTC I think.

I sound like I am obsessed with wall stickers!

moondog Tue 05-Aug-08 12:40:42

Pedlars do some quite tasteful ones. Look online. Prob. also Great Little Trading Company and Urchin.

GrapefruitMoon Tue 05-Aug-08 12:42:55

I got some black floral ones in Ikea for dd's bedroom

Kewcumber Tue 05-Aug-08 12:43:39

tchibo have some cherry clossom ch9nese looking ones in at the moment.

NigellaTheOriginal Tue 05-Aug-08 12:43:40

don't do it - a bugger to remove 4 years later and if painted over will have outlines of cutsey flowers or tiggers forever more. do a tasteful mural instead

2point4kids Tue 05-Aug-08 12:46:05

painting pictures yourself is so much nicer and easier!

DS1 has a digger, a tractor and a cement mixer round his room and DS2 has jungle animals in the nursery.
Only took about half a day each room.

When you do them yourself you can do to exactly the colours that match.

Rosie29 Tue 05-Aug-08 12:54:29

Thanks for the replies- and the warnings!
I have zero artistic talent.....how on earth do you go about painting a mural??

2point4kids Tue 05-Aug-08 13:33:27

You can buy mural outlines. Its basically a wall sized piece of tracing paper that you tape to your wall and draw over the outlines.
The outline transfers to your wall and you paint the colours over!

In our old house I did a cowboy one like that and it was fab. I was gutted when we had to paint it over to sell the house.

In this house I was braver and did the pictures myself (and I am not arty either!!)
Dont tell anyone but I copied the pics out of an Usbourne 'how to draw diggers and tractors' book blush

jeanjeannie Tue 05-Aug-08 15:51:58

Got my 20 month DD1 some stickarounds...they look great - but don't survive little fingers! She's picked the lot off! They looked nice while they lasted though.

2point4kids Tue 05-Aug-08 17:19:07

this is the mural I did.

EvelynsDad Wed 06-Aug-08 13:59:43

How about these?

YumeeMumee Fri 08-Aug-08 07:53:04

I did DS's room with mural stickers from JoJo...www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/detailfash.php?type=FASH&code=A4929&branch=&category=

Really effective but you can prob get the same thing cheaper if you google or look on ebay.
DS doesn't pick them off as he hasn't realised [yet] that he can smile They're a good distraction when changing him too.
I like the sound of the mural outlines as I'm not artistic at all either!

amidaiwish Fri 08-Aug-08 08:35:34

here are those fun to see wall stickers, cheaper here, plus free delivery with code KF1ZZ140
I've used them, just removed them after nearly 4 years and no marks or stains on the walls at all.

here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now