Advanced search

looking for a LARGE playpen - any ideas?

(14 Posts)
highgatemummy Mon 04-Aug-08 11:10:24

hi all

advice much appreciated! have a very active one year old and am shortly about to move house. living area very open plan but has steps down into kitchen (and the stair 'space' far too wide for a stairgate. the living room space is pretty big, so i'm basically looking for a playpen that ds can really roam around while i'm in the kitchen etc. it doesn't need to have a base or anything, it just needs to contain him within the space and stop him falling down the steps etc! any ideas? i searched some old threads and some people had mentioned a large one by a company called bambino, but i can't find this online anywhere.

would love to hear any advice, thanks so much xxx

Housemum Mon 04-Aug-08 23:52:18

How about this seller? eBay new wooden playpens - don't know if any good, we were looking at but got secondhand babydan instead.

babyjjbaby Tue 05-Aug-08 12:23:08

i would get one or two baby dens and link them together and join the on the wall it would be huge with 2 of them joined together

shhhh Tue 05-Aug-08 15:09:32

How soon do you need one..? I may have one if interested.
ATM its storing the lo's toys in the lounge but we are having a seperate play area made for them with storage so won't need it iykiwm...

Its a wooden type that once up is up BUT does unscrew so can be posted although not sure what to post....had a padded flat mat included.

Could do it for £20 + delivery..? (I guess maybe £10-£20 extra but can confirm..)

Legoleia Tue 05-Aug-08 15:12:12

Baby Dan good because you can make it into different shapes, i.e. the wall can be one or two sides of it.

You get free attaching-to-the-wall brackets too, you have to call up customer services, IIRC but it's free once you've bought the pen.

Legoleia Tue 05-Aug-08 15:13:05

The wooden one looks ace though!!!

CarGirl Tue 05-Aug-08 15:14:22

get 2 baby den halfs (can't think what they are called) they have 3 sides and a gate, one where kitchen steps are and one at the bottom of the stairs.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 05-Aug-08 15:15:29

i have the bay dan baby den you can buy play house covers to turn it into a tent so it can be used for longer when they get too old for a play pen and can be used as a room divider and fireguard too.

highgatemummy Fri 08-Aug-08 10:41:47

hi everyone,

so sorry for delay in reply, been coping with suddenly ill mother, so all been a bit hectic.

this is all really useful, I'll certainly check out suggestions. Really kind of you to offer shhh, if things weren't suddenly so hectic i'd take you up on it but think is best if i leave for now. thanks so much anyway...x

theauthor Fri 08-Aug-08 12:38:42

Agree with others - a Babydan BabyDen configured as a room divider would probably be your best bet. It also can be folded away against the wall when not in use and is really flexible.
I'd try and get one secondhand as you'll probably only need it for a year or so if that, unless you have more children.

I'd avoid traditional playpens as they are less flexible for what you are looking for and the room divider will give him much more space to move around - crucial as time goes on and he might not like being confined even to a large play pen.

stressed2007 Sat 18-Oct-08 13:42:45

the Bambino company you asked aqbout is on ebay - I have just bought huge room divider from them.

LadyOfRoffle Sat 18-Oct-08 13:44:03

I bought a MASSIVE one from ebay, was excellent! Very flexible.

LadyOfRoffle Sat 18-Oct-08 13:45:36

I found babydan tiny TBH, I made one up that was about 6ft x 6ft

TheOtherMaryPoppins Sat 18-Oct-08 13:57:49

Babydans are great I have one as a room divider and it alllows ample room to play and roam about. Seen lots of wooden ones on ebay from Germany but not sure that they clamp to the wall.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: