Talk

Advanced search

Free standing stair gates

(6 Posts)
kauto Mon 04-Aug-08 09:40:53

I am looking for a stair gate that is free standing and doesn't need to be attached to a wall. I've looked at the ones that can be used as playpens and room dividers but am not sure whether they need to be attached to a wall. Can anybody suggest anything?

Kewcumber Mon 04-Aug-08 09:42:55

what do you need it for? I can;t imagine something not fixed to anything at all is going to work as one push and they'll be over. You can get pressure mounted stair gates which don;t need screwing in if that helps?

kauto Mon 04-Aug-08 10:00:55

We need a stair gate but we live in a open plan flat which is not very child friendly, on one side of the stairs we have a metal pole and on the other a perspex panel so it will be very difficult to fit a standard stair gate. Also there are 4 steps with nothing at the sides before you reach the pole so I wanted something to put round the bottom of the stairs.

Kewcumber Mon 04-Aug-08 10:07:27

I can only think that a fireguard would work but wouldn;t stop a determined child.

Kewcumber Mon 04-Aug-08 10:09:17

like this

yo ucould perhaps tie it to the pole on one side?

kauto Mon 04-Aug-08 13:37:08

thanks kewcucmber

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now