Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

mail-order maternity clothes

(17 Posts)
milward Thu 10-Feb-05 23:21:32

Have to get some maternity clothes as only fit one skirt comfortably now. Can anyone recommend mail order companies - as it's difficult for me to shop with my other dds in tow!! Thanks xx

Fran1 Thu 10-Feb-05 23:49:38

Blooming marvellous

Boden

Next used to do maternity

And there are a couple of others i cannot remember the names of, but they are always advertised on the back of mother and baby mags.

milward Thu 10-Feb-05 23:53:57

Thanks fran1 - will check out some mother & baby mags. Never thought of boden

ediemay Thu 10-Feb-05 23:58:50

hi milward, I got some lovely things from vertbaudet and they often have sales and offers. They do good baby clothes too. They are at www.vertbaudet.co.uk

I know it's not mail order but if you can get to an H&M they have great maternity stuff and it's so reasonable. I know it wouldn't be easy with your DDs but just thought I'd mention it. My H&M stuff has been passed on 3 times so far!

milward Fri 11-Feb-05 00:04:47

Thanks ediemay - I like h&m as well. The lift at my local branch can only just about fit a pushchair - such a hassle as I agree that their stuff is great & price is good. I'll check vertbaudet though as didn't know about this one.

Fran1 Fri 11-Feb-05 00:05:34

sh**t milward, when i saw edie may post vertbaudet, i realise i meant that NOT Boden!! Sooooo sorry to get your hopes up! At least i don't think Boden do maternity, i'll go and have a look for you!

milward Fri 11-Feb-05 00:09:50

no probs fran1 - hopefully someone from boden will think what a great idea & add some maternity clothes into their catalogue. Thanks for your reply A stripy, spotty, pattern mismatched top would have disguised my increasing bulk!!

ediemay Fri 11-Feb-05 00:20:35

aren't small lifts a pain? Also, small toilet cubicles when you're pg - I used to have to reverse in!

goreousgirl Fri 11-Feb-05 00:24:32

Jo jo maman bebe - what size are you milward?

pickledonion Fri 11-Feb-05 08:31:39

dorothy perkins
additions direct (use to be argos additions)
topshop
next

lulupop Fri 11-Feb-05 14:43:07

Isabella Oliver as worn by Trinny (of What Not To Wear fame)

Seraphine

both do lovely maternity wear, well made and much more flattering than the marquee-shaped tops from Blooming Marvellous!

SOmetimes you can find nice stuff in Dorotyh perkins and H&M as well.

I recommend looking on ebay at US sellers, where you can find loads of stuff from pea in a Pod, DvF etc for really amazing prices.

bonym Fri 11-Feb-05 14:49:02

I'd second the recommendation for US ebay sellers but was disappointed with Isabella Oliver - clothes look lovely but the trousers I bought were much too big and I ended up selliing them (unworn) on ebay at 32weeks pg! I am wearing their wrap top now and it looks good bu is a right pain to wrap, stay wrapped (without showing bits of flesh everywhere) and tie in a comfortable place. The other item I bought from them was a dress which is fine but cut so that you can't wear a bra without it showing!
La Redoute do a small selection of maternity wear.

milward Fri 11-Feb-05 21:18:01

Dear all - Thanks for the super tips - lots of sites to checkout GG I was a size 10 but now getting bigger all over - last time gained 25 kilos & outgrew most of my maternity clothes!!but somehow lost it by bf & always running after dds

Miaou Fri 11-Feb-05 21:45:03

No-one's mentioned Mothercare - I ordered some stuff which came today - jeans, a wrap top (which stays together VERY nicely ) and a maternity swimsuit. It came quite fast, I was pleased with the quality, and the site was easy to use (though the pictures were a bit small). I've also ordered a top from JoJoMamanBebe which should come tomorrow.

My only gripe is - do they think small women don't get pregnant? I had to turn up the jeans six inches and the sleeves on the top by one inch . Does anyone know of any petite maternity ranges available on the web?

Tipex Fri 11-Feb-05 21:52:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

milward Sat 12-Feb-05 22:45:44

loved the isabella oliver clothes as I wear a lot of black. Have also looked a formes they have a lovely cardi. Miaou - I think they do petite clothes as well? Great advice everyone.

sansouci Sat 12-Feb-05 22:52:16

Try www.maternityexchange.co.uk if you don't mind wearing some secondhand stuff. I got most of my clothing from them, including 2 swimsuits - not secondhand - which I wore constantly (summer of '03... what a nightmare!).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: