Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is a newborn OK in the back seat of a powertwin? No carseat , just the seat lay flat?

(12 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Sun 03-Aug-08 20:46:32

I have a carseat so don't really want to have to buy one just for outings in the powertwin!

Also its not good for them to be in a carseat too long is it?

So would she be ok just on the flat seat with the straps on in her snowsuit?

Is there any thing else available for this sort of thing? something to keep her secure?

chloemegjess Sun 03-Aug-08 20:51:32

whats a powertwin? Sorry if thats a silly question!

DisenchantedPlusBump Sun 03-Aug-08 20:52:51

its a double buggy

misdee Sun 03-Aug-08 20:54:08

yes she'll be fine if it lies flat.

you could add a footmuff or a lodge bunker /lodger bunker.

pinkspottywellies Sun 03-Aug-08 20:54:24

I've just googled in and eventually found that the rear lie-back seat is suitable from birth. There's a ponce-tastic description of it on a site called babyzoop or something which is of no help but the mothercare site says it's ok.

pinkspottywellies Sun 03-Aug-08 20:55:52

The baby zoop website just tells you how fab you'll look in starbucks and that everyone else will be jealous and then you can tell them how to pronounce Jane properly cause it's Spanish don't you know. No useful info however hmm

chloemegjess Sun 03-Aug-08 20:56:48

Oh in that case then yes, a lie flat buggy is much better than a car seat. i hate seeing babies stuck in car seats for a long time

Pippinella Sun 03-Aug-08 20:58:29

I always used the car seat for my littley, but I think with a footmuff of sheepskin thingy to cosy it up it would be fine. I wouldn't use it for a newborn without extra padding, personally, as there are no sides to the seat.

DisenchantedPlusBump Sun 03-Aug-08 20:59:04

misde whats a lodge bunker?

misdee Sun 03-Aug-08 21:02:03

i want the brownie one

cant justify a new one though, so am looking out for second hand. they rarely appear, though i think someone was selling a pink one.

DisenchantedPlusBump Sun 03-Aug-08 21:13:55

Don't like them sorry! lol

strawberriesandcream01 Sun 03-Aug-08 21:34:13

It's far better for a newborn to be laying flat rather than in a car sea so I would be inclined to use the buggy without car seat on. You can always add a sheepskin liner or cosy footmuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now