Talk

Advanced search

Are all Jason suncreams chemical free?

(8 Posts)
MilaMae Sun 03-Aug-08 18:01:02

grin????

Not used them before ,normally get Lavera but fancy a change. Any good???

misi Sun 03-Aug-08 20:56:34

jason is great. I use it and recommend it all the time ( I am a herbalist/nutritionist) if you look in my bathroom, virtually everything is jason, suncream, soap, shower gel, shampoo etc etc etc!!

what you have to be careful of is some ingredients sound like they are chemicals but are not. if in doubt e mail jason themselves or I think I still have my product descriptions list ( I know I have the price list as I only ordered a batch of products this week but I think my XP got the ingredients so might have to get a new one grin so let me know if you are worried about anything

ruty Sun 03-Aug-08 20:58:06

Jason probably good but i would also recommend GreenPeople sun cream. No chemicals in there.

EvelynsDad Sun 03-Aug-08 21:28:16

Everything has chemicals in it. Water is a chemical. Do you mean are the chemicals all natural, as opposed to synthetic chemicals? (Note: deadly nightshade is about as natural as you can get).

midnightexpress Sun 03-Aug-08 21:31:07

Is it for you or DCs? DS1 has very fair skin and reacts to most suncreams - we use Dr Hauschka children's sun cream on him and it's great.

misi Sun 03-Aug-08 21:41:54

in natural products, ''chemicals'' are classed as synthetically manufactured or harmful substances. sodium lauryl sulphate is technically a natural substance as it is made from coconuts, but I will not have it in anything I use cos the the effects long term exposure can have.

green people also good, another brand I often recommend, aubrey range from solaray is great too. green people do a kids sunblock which is good under the ''greenkids organics'' range. parasol kids is another good one I use. the 25+ broad spectrum UVA and UVB filters are one of the best I have come across and is certificated by the australian standards bureau and the german E commission

ruty Sun 03-Aug-08 22:05:22

yes no synthetic chemicals in greenpeople products. smile

MilaMae Sun 03-Aug-08 22:12:18

Thanks for that grin

The Greenpeople one seems quite thin, my sister uses it and raves about it but her babies are 6 months. My lot are 4,4 and 3 so in the sun more. Is it as good as the Jason ones? I always used their baby stuff.

It'll be the first Jason product I've used so will give it a whirl,thanks for the info Misi,Ruty smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now