Talk

Advanced search

OK, we're no spring chickens - I was 43 this year, dh 70, dd1 is 10 next week and I need SOME HELP with wII

(11 Posts)
2sugars Sun 03-Aug-08 16:14:32

Please? Anyone know what the best deal is, or at least, know what they're about? We looked in PC World, Argos, and ToysRus, and are still not much the wiser.

EyeballsintheSky Sun 03-Aug-08 21:01:29

I was about to tell you all about the invasion of Poland until I reread your title!

Sorry can't help with the wii but hopefully someone will be along in a minute...

yelnats Sun 03-Aug-08 21:07:34

They are fab! Excellent fun for the whole family. We got one at Christmas but I have it on ebay at the moment as we never have time to play it (ours ahs been used about 5 times but we tend to play with our friends when we go there for a drink). They really are good fun! Even when the kids are in bed and you've had a few drinks to go along with it. I can link to mine on ebay if your interested?

grouchyoscar Sun 03-Aug-08 21:13:28

They are fab. The sports games are really great, Lego Star Wars is fantastic and the WII fit is just ace.

I also thought you wanted info on the 2nd World War myself as well grin

hatwoman Sun 03-Aug-08 21:16:52

yep, another one who clicked as she was intrigued as to why your ages had anything to do with your ability to assist with history homework...

I agree with everyone here wiis are great - like a very good family board game. that just happens to be a computer game, if that makes sense.

Twiglett Sun 03-Aug-08 21:19:32

get a Wii and a Wii Fit

keep checking the wii stock checker until it comes up at a decent price £179 for Wii, £69 for Wii Fit here

Buy Wii Play too .. easy games and you get a spare remote which will come in handy for 2 player games

we got one a week ago .. I've lost 3lbs this week (have been watching diet too but still we play together a lot as a family)

check review sites before buying games

MommyTsang Sun 03-Aug-08 21:23:51

Zavvi have a really good deal on at the mo , so DH says and he is hot on this kind of stuff !! Or he says look on www.hotukdeals.com and do a search for WII.
I hope this helps.

oi Sun 03-Aug-08 21:25:56

saw a great deal in the paper yesterday - think it was Argos but just looked online and couldn't see it (will check again now)

was a Wii, plus Wii sports, plus Wii sports accessories, plus a docking station for the controls plus Mario Wii all for something like £220 (might have been slightly more, just cannot remember the price!).

will see if I can find it.

Twiglett Sun 03-Aug-08 21:29:39

Wii Fits are difficult to get hold of so if you do want one then you should buy it with the console to get the best deal

can heartily recommend it for family bonding tbh

oi Sun 03-Aug-08 21:30:42

our best games so far are Mario Kart (great fun, makes me travel sick but the kids love it!), Lego Indiana Jones and the normal Wii Sports that I think comes with the Sports package.

can't find that deal annoyingly. Looked so good. You'll need more than one controller so you can play games against each other or as a team.

yelnats Sun 03-Aug-08 21:38:38

cgi.ebay.co.uk/NINTENDO-WII-CONSOLE-AND-EXTRAS_W0QQitemZ160267629425QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item16026762 9425&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now