Talk

Advanced search

Buggy Brolly - good idea or not....what dya think??

(15 Posts)
YumeeMumee Sun 03-Aug-08 16:02:20

I am on a mission to do more walking with DS and with the weather being sooo rubbish, I've been looking at getting a Buggy Brolly. I actually don't mind walking in the rain if DS if tucked up and dry under the raincover.

Has anyone got one or had experience of one? I used to think they were a bit gimmicky but upon reflection [and experience of having to balance an ordinary umbrella or just wear a rain mac with hood - which doesn't really work!] I am warming to the idea. grin

However, they are quite expensive if they're rubbish!

Please take a look at "it [[ http://www.buggybrolly.com/howbuggybrollyworks/index.php]]" and tell me what you think. smile

YumeeMumee Sun 03-Aug-08 16:03:27

www.buggybrolly.com/howbuggybrollyworks/index.php

misdee Sun 03-Aug-08 16:04:41

hmmm gust of wind + brolly not for me i'm afraid.

nicolamumof3 Sun 03-Aug-08 16:09:08

I just get my rainmac on and get soaked!! Im not sure they would stand up to our wet windy british weather that well.

wheresthehamster Sun 03-Aug-08 16:15:37

I dreamed of one of these for 10 years <wistful>

It wouldn't be very good on narrow streets would it? You know when you meet someone coming the other way and one of you lowers your umbrella and the other raises theirs or leans it to the side. With this you'd obviously just have to hope they jump out of your way grin

MindingMum Sun 03-Aug-08 17:01:39

i love mine but unfortunately the wind is a problem. I bought it second hand so maybe a new one would be better?

4andnotout Sun 03-Aug-08 17:03:30

What about this one, its a bit cheaper too.

4andnotout Sun 03-Aug-08 17:05:04

This one worries me slightly....i can see dp pretending to be Neil Armstrong!

YumeeMumee Sun 03-Aug-08 18:47:29

Thanks 4....the 1st one looks a bit fiddly whereas the buggy brolly is attached to the pushchair and you just flip it up [I like the fact that it can stay attached too]. I also would be worried about DH doing Neil Armstrong impressions LOL! grin

MindingMum - do you have the 'space' issues when walking past others? Tho I'll be on a wide main road mostly so it shouldn't be an issue.

I may just go ahead and invest anyway....if it's that windy then I prob wouldn't go out walking!

msappropriate Sun 03-Aug-08 18:54:13

Make sure it fits on your pushchair. It didn't on one of mine and the other its too short for my husband (5ft 10")

YumeeMumee Sun 03-Aug-08 18:59:36

Oh! My DH is about 5ft 10 - tho he prob wouldn't use it [not stylish enough LOL!] I am only 5ft 1, so am assuming that it will be fine for me?

The product details say my pushchair is compatible....is that reliable info??

msappropriate What was the pushchair that it didn't fit?

MindingMum Mon 04-Aug-08 14:23:01

no, no 'space' issues and it's on a double buggy. I am tall so brolly is higher than most peoples heads anyway!

msappropriate Mon 04-Aug-08 16:48:14

it didn't fit my mamas and papas 0zon, as the bar it would attach to was oval not round. And I have to have it on the handle to be high enough for me (5ft 8) on a maclaren volo. I think the website is reliable; the woman who runs it seems very keen on feedback.

babyjjbaby Mon 04-Aug-08 18:58:14

i have got one and wouldn't recommend them i find they don't stay on the buggy very well and also u can't angle it downwards so your face still gets wet also it is quite low down on the mamas and papas pramette and i am only 5ft 4in personally i wouldn't get one not unless it was second hand

YumeeMumee Mon 04-Aug-08 20:25:09

Oh dear hmm I just ordered one!! I will just have to see what it's like when it arrives....I really want to do more walking and carry on walking as long as poss (until the weather really turns rubbish!)
So I took the plunge...if it at least keeps the rain off during a shower then I'll be happy...just really fed up trying to manipulate a small brolly whilst pushing the pushchair and also want to walk DS to nursery then walk onto work so would like not to look like a drenched rat if poss!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now