Advanced search

What is the brand/name of the soother/dummy that looks like it has a whole in the middle?

(9 Posts)
IlanaK Sat 02-Aug-08 13:37:28

It is a light blue/green colour and I always see it on those american documentaries about babies on dicovery home and health channel. I think it is meant to be more like a nipple.

Any idea???

itsMYmummy Sat 02-Aug-08 13:46:27

Think they are called Nuby dummies. I buy mine in sainsburys

BouncyTigger Sun 03-Aug-08 10:53:47

They're called soothies and I've only found them in america. They are really fantastic both my kids used them for a short time after a friend got given one from a hospital in canada. Try buying them from ebay USA (I did this first time round) or try asking if someone on mumsnet who's in the US will post some over.

Ambi Sun 03-Aug-08 11:14:35

tommy tippee closer to nature are like that. They look very strange.

mamadiva Sun 03-Aug-08 11:24:29

Yes they are TT closer to nature.

I bought these for DS when he was born but thought they looked abit too odd IYKWIM. Plus I put one in the steriliser and the teat came right out when I lifted it with the tongs. So am not sure about safety aspect but probably just a faulty one.

IlanaK Sun 03-Aug-08 12:51:12

Found them at Mothercare yesterday. Called Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature. They do not look exactly the same as the blue ones I saw on tv - they are clear, but similar I think. Ds3 was not that impressed by them, but he did suck a little which he would not do on other ones we tried.

Suzz1 Sat 09-Aug-08 18:36:06

I am a little confused here....I havent seen a closer to nature soother that looks like it has a hole in the middle. Can anyone confirm what soother we are talking about. It seems they have a few different closure to nature soothers available.

Thanks for the help....grandson on the way.


CJMommy Sat 09-Aug-08 18:39:09

TT Closer to Nature 0-6 month dummy has hole in the middle. The 6-18 month ones have the same hole but there is a picture over it. My DS has them

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Sun 10-Aug-08 09:00:16

if you are after one that is more like a nipple steer away from silicone. its nothing like a nipple. go for a mam ulti latex. they are soft and pliable and for breast fed babies especially the first choice of dummy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: