Talk

Advanced search

"fingerprints" jewellery - any recommendations

(17 Posts)
onepieceoflollipop Fri 01-Aug-08 20:52:45

Dh is 40 later in the year and very hard to buy for. A friend has a "dog tag" type neck chain and on the tag has the fingerprints of her ds and dd.

Dh doesn't wear jewellery at all (apart from watch and plain wedding band) so I was considering getting cufflinks or a keyring (silver) personalised with the dds' fingerprints. I want to get a permanent memento for his special birthday.

There are loads of companies on the internet that offer this type of service, but rather than pick one randomly can anyone make a personal recommendation.

Thanks

expatinscotland Fri 01-Aug-08 20:54:03

bump!

that sounds a very cool idea.

onepieceoflollipop Fri 01-Aug-08 20:59:40

Thanks expat, I was hoping that no one would say "ooh, how tacky!"

Lovingthepink Fri 01-Aug-08 20:59:44

I know someone that does it but we are in West Sussex - any good?

onepieceoflollipop Fri 01-Aug-08 21:01:21

Lovingthepink I am in the Midlands but I have heard that some companies can send you a little kit out to do the fingerprints at home, then return it. Is that an option do you know?

Also some companies have the facility for an older child to perhaps write their name (dd1 is 4) as well as/instead of fingerprints.

justjules Fri 01-Aug-08 21:05:56

onepiece,

there is a site called boutiquetoyou,

they do the dog tag necklaces for women,

and the fingerprint ones too,

maybe worth a look for mens stuff

here are the dog tags for men and women

justjules Fri 01-Aug-08 21:06:40

cufflinks

justjules Fri 01-Aug-08 21:07:27

how nice are these?

justjules Fri 01-Aug-08 21:08:22

more choice of cufflinks

onepieceoflollipop Fri 01-Aug-08 21:08:45

They look gorgeous jules. Have you used that company? There is some really gorgeous personalised stuff around. I am not 40 for another 3 years but I know what I want already. wink

justjules Fri 01-Aug-08 21:10:28

my friend has one of the necklaces and it is beautiful,

i spotted it recently and she gave me the web site details,

dp is getting me the fingerprint one from dd grin

justjules Fri 01-Aug-08 21:13:29

i love this one too

onepieceoflollipop Fri 01-Aug-08 21:14:29

You lucky thing, the fingerprints will be so tiny and gorgeous from your new dd.

I'm thinking maybe cufflinks and a really nice new shirt to go with them (he only has one shirt currently that needs cufflinks)

We are going away for a romantic weekend (i.e. no dds) so he would have chance to wear them (posh restaurant)

The dds are giving him (I think) a box of 40 carefully chosen little pressies (stocking filler type presents), individually wrapped.

justjules Fri 01-Aug-08 21:18:05

sounds fab

and after the posh resturant - wearing his new shirt + cufflinks - minus children - you will have the chance to take them off wink

what are you thinking for stocking fillers from the dds?

onepieceoflollipop Fri 01-Aug-08 21:23:36

So far I have thought of:
Travel size toiletries - nice stuff rather than Poundland!
Miniature chocolates. (the small boxes - he has a sweet tooth!)
Designer socks
Miniature bottle of champagne.
Various other novelty items (tasteful I hope) that catch my eye between now and November)

Lovingthepink Fri 01-Aug-08 21:36:32

Not sure as she usually does the impressions in her kitchen. I will ask her next week whether she does it by post.

onepieceoflollipop Fri 01-Aug-08 21:41:36

Thanks ltp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now