Talk

Advanced search

Tell me abput the pushachirs / prams you have bought recently for your newborn . .

(4 Posts)
SaveFerris Fri 01-Aug-08 13:43:54

. . am being nosey, and doing my homework ready for when I need to get another one (only 3 months pg!). x

ajm200 Sat 02-Aug-08 08:03:53

Your choice of buggy should be made depending on your lifestyle.

We do lots of walking and rarely use a car so we have a quinny buzz that was a bit expensive but is fairly sturdy. As a newborn my son used the carrycot when we were out and for naps downstairs. When he was bigger he used the buggy seat facing me and now he's older he faces forward. The buggy has done more mileage than our car over the last 18 months. It's a bit frayed in places, is on its third set of tyres and it's second front wheel but still very useable. If I was going to use the car a lot and just use the buggy round the shops, etc I'd just get a cheap McClaren from Argos.

The Twin buggy that I've just bought is a mountain buggy, very tough and hardwearing but expensive. The single buggy may be overkill for you if you have regular access to a car.

kwaker5 Sat 02-Aug-08 21:04:39

Agree with ajm about lifestyle.

We bought a Phil and Ted's and have never felt the need to buy a second smaller stroller. It goes everywhere with us (including on planes). Really robust, good accessories, no complaints. Most people I know buy more than one or end up buying a P&T if they have another child.

SaveFerris Mon 04-Aug-08 11:25:12

Thanks guys. Anyone else? I do a lot of travelling in the car but also a lot of walkine - DD in school ad DS in nursery so walk there. Want one that is easy to fold, quick to fold, can face me, and can have carrycot attachment.

I looked at the quinny buzz and compared to my Quinny Zapp, the wheels look like the are very wide. Do you have any problems with this (doors etc?)

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now