Talk

Advanced search

mei tai sling

(6 Posts)
fairy15 Fri 01-Aug-08 12:38:07

i havea kari-me at the momment but now ds is heavier it does'nt seem to carry as well. his just over 21lb & nearly 9 months. am intrested to hear about the mei tai & how it does up. have found a website which shows how you can make our own so was thinking about getting someone profesional to make me one.
any feedback would be great smile

PortAndLemon Fri 01-Aug-08 12:40:34

There are different kinds of mei tai -- the simplest you just tie the straps, but you can get some with clips.

cmotdibbler Fri 01-Aug-08 12:41:45

I have MeiTais - as DS is over 2, its the Toddlerhawk, which is a bigger version of the BabyHawk.

I (and DH) love them, and they are very comfortable to use too - DS weighs 17kg, and I can still carry him round for a few hours with no problems.

As a first go, you can buy second hand on the UKBabyWearingSwap group, and if you don't like a particular one, sell it on for much the same cost

claireybee Fri 01-Aug-08 12:44:37

I have a babyhawk and love it. I don't love it quite as much as my wraps though! I even carried ds (8months) on my front in the wrap and dd(2.2) on my back in the babyhawk for a bit today and it was easy!

fairy15 Fri 01-Aug-08 12:47:12

its this one
christmasevetwins.blogspot.com/2007/10/make-scandi.html

fairy15 Fri 01-Aug-08 19:21:42

anyone else smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now