Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dyson broken bits ... can you help .... ?

(10 Posts)
crystaltips Thu 10-Feb-05 12:37:40

On the back of the thread I started earlier in the week - I have a specific dyson problem and judging by all the responses earlier - I am hoping that you might be able to help ....

I have a DC07 - Animal thingy.

The brush has stopped working - and when I opened it up to investigate - the broken elastic band fell out ... there is nowhere on the website ( that I can find ) to replace this ....

The ironic thing is that following recommendations I sent off for the warranty - but the forms have not come through yet ....

Advice please

Titania Thu 10-Feb-05 12:39:55

ring them up. when a bit broke off mine they sent me a new one free of charge. But i have had nothing but trouble with it since ive had it....damned dyson....will never get another one!!

crystaltips Thu 10-Feb-05 12:41:35

was your's still under guarantee ??
Mine was bought just over 2 years ago ...

Titania Thu 10-Feb-05 12:42:20

no it wasnt

fee77 Thu 10-Feb-05 13:05:27

Have you looked on e-bay? I don't know what bit you mean, but we got a new handle there, and it was a lot cheaper!

misdee Thu 10-Feb-05 13:08:47

go to local hardware type shop, tell them the belt has snapped on your dyson (take make and model number) they should be able to get you a new belt.

reminds me, need to order a new handle for mine.

crystaltips Thu 10-Feb-05 14:11:50

BUT - Not too sure how to replace the band - if and when I do get a replacement

charlie01 Thu 10-Feb-05 14:17:50

My band thing came off and I couldn't get it back on again without it making that awful banging noise. I rang dyson (even though I had no idea where my receipt was and it was about 3 years old!) and someone tried to help me over the phone, I couldn't do it so they sent someone out and a very nice man put it back on for me. Was very easy to do though so I felt a bit stupid! Plus even more embarrasingly I had just finished a degree in engineering!

So don't worry even if you cant do it they will help you!

sansouci Thu 10-Feb-05 14:27:05

Yes! Yes! go to Dyson website uk (google it) and order spare parts. Free (I think) if vacuum still under warranty. This is what I did for mine & is like new. Still hate nasty green & purple colours, tho.

Peckarollover Thu 10-Feb-05 22:08:48

My belt fell off a while ago and I found full instructions on the website to replace it.

Go to the model and I think it has a step by step problem solver - it runs through all possible problems and the belt bit is in there somewhere.

I got two belts in my local hardware shop and managed to get it on easy enough and it is now picking up like new again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now