Talk

Advanced search

Mountain buggy owners. help please I'm having some teething problems +++

(8 Posts)
zwiggy Thu 31-Jul-08 19:30:23

I've just changed from my carry cot to push chair mode and I'm not sure things are quite right. can you help with any of these?

1. The hood does not stay taut, so when you go up hill it folds back. Is this normal?

2. Do you popper the hood over the bar at the back, or does it popper to the chair back under the bar?

3. Is there a summer buggy liner in cotton? Does your little one get very hot?

4. Does your little one like the lie back positions? cos my 6m lo only like it fully upright, and then he's still trying to sit up and crane his neck forward. Do they sleep much in it?

5. Is 6 month too early for chair, should I go back to carry cot for a bit longer?

Ta

zwiggy Thu 31-Jul-08 19:37:23

bump

zwiggy Thu 31-Jul-08 21:12:02

anyone yet

Teaandcake Thu 31-Jul-08 22:37:47

1. The hood may not be properly fitted, the metal frame which fits directly on to the buggy frame had to sit in its hole fully so that the rod rests in the little groove on both sides when in use. You have to pull the rod quite firmly to the side in order to seat the end bit properly in the hole. This explains it a bit better than me!

2. Yes, the hood poppers over the bar at the back. Make sure you are using the correct poppers for your seat fabric and hood.

3. MB don't make a cotton seat liner but do a sheepskin liner (v popular in New Zealand) it keeps little ones cool in the summer and is cosy in the winter.

4. My DS likes to be fully upright when awake but sleeps v well in it, looks comfy fully reclined anyway!

5. 6 months is just about right IMO. They're just so nosey at that age!

Teaandcake Thu 31-Jul-08 22:42:52

1. The hood may not be properly fitted, the metal frame which fits directly on to the buggy frame had to sit in its hole fully so that the rod rests in the little groove on both sides when in use. You have to pull the rod quite firmly to the side in order to seat the end bit properly in the hole. This (pdf document page 8) explains it a bit better than me!

2. Yes, the hood poppers over the bar at the back. Make sure you are using the correct poppers for your seat fabric and hood.

3. MB don't make a cotton seat liner but do a sheepskin liner (v popular in New Zealand) it keeps little ones cool in the summer and is cosy in the winter.

4. My DS likes to be fully upright when awake but sleeps v well in it, looks comfy fully reclined anyway!

5. 6 months is just about right IMO. They're just so nosey at that age!

zwiggy Thu 31-Jul-08 22:51:06

thanks tea and cake, yes the hood seems to be not right but it won't go in any further. it would have to go in at least another centimetre to rest in the groove, and this doesn't seem poss unless i hammer it

Teaandcake Thu 31-Jul-08 23:02:15

Zwiggy, on that link, the last picture on the right hand side of page 8 illustrates exactly what you need to do to get the support rod to go in the hole. You have to pull the hood very forcefully to make it go though (trust me, it will work).

Failing that, could you take it to the shop you bought it from? They should be able to fit it for you.

zwiggy Thu 31-Jul-08 23:10:16

aarrrgh!! i will have to wait til my dh gets back from work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now