Talk

Advanced search

OK. Isofix vs non isofix 2/3 car seats. Can an isofix one go (just occasionally) in a non isofix car?

(10 Posts)
moodlumthehoodlum Thu 31-Jul-08 18:11:47

Anyone know? Presumably the fixing, with the seatbelt across the child is exactly the same, so can it matter?

Yes, you can do that.

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 31-Jul-08 18:14:59

Great, thanks grin

bran Thu 31-Jul-08 18:15:42

Yes, my Isofix seat can be used in the normal way. You need to turn the hook-bits around so they are not sticking out at the back otherwise it will rip the upholstery of the non-Isofix car.

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 31-Jul-08 18:16:56

Its good when just occasionally things actually are as simple as they seem!

bran Thu 31-Jul-08 18:22:02

Well, maybe not as simple as it seems. Have you tried removing the seat from your Isofix car yet? I'm fervently hoping I won't need to as I haven't worked out how to unhook it yet. blush

I should study the online video again and have a practise just in case I do need to remove it in the future. smile

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 31-Jul-08 18:57:54

No, I haven't bought it yet, and i wanted isofix for my car, but didn't want to rule out being able to move it around.

Am useless at doing car seats tho', so I'd better get used to it. wink

peachygirl Thu 31-Jul-08 19:00:31

I can do it with mine
The isofix points retract into the carseat and then you loop the seatbelt through.

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 31-Jul-08 22:04:03

Just out of interest - which one is yours? I was going to get the Britax Evolva 2/3 I think.

peachygirl Fri 01-Aug-08 13:55:01

I have the Britax duo plus. here
I chose this on over the others as it didn't have the support leg which I felt would take up too much room in my small car. A skoda fabia.
I am very very happy with it. I bought it at toys R us with a bit of a discount.
They also had them in halfords But the shop assistants lok like they were 12!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now