Talk

Advanced search

Chrstining gift for a 2 year old boy?

(12 Posts)
Marne Thu 31-Jul-08 15:52:46

My friend is getting her 4 boys christened and has asked me to be god mother to one of them (the 2.5 years old), what do i buy as a gift? do i need to buy for the other two (aged 9 and 1.5)?

Marne Thu 31-Jul-08 17:35:42

bump

mum2jakeyroo Thu 31-Jul-08 17:41:18

I think you should buy for all. Something small for the other 2. What price where you looking at spending on god son

Marne Thu 31-Jul-08 17:46:34

I'm not sure how much i want to spend, if i need to buy for all of them i need to keep the price as low as possible. I would like to get something special that he can keep forever but not something that is useless IYNWIM.

mum2jakeyroo Thu 31-Jul-08 17:59:14

ideas my ds got which I thought were good were a pocket watch and a st christopher. What about a bible to keep for the elder two

MingMingtheWonderPet Thu 31-Jul-08 18:01:53

Just bought for a 2 yo for a christening.

Some of the ideas I had were Brio train (my thinking was a nice wooden toy with longevity), book of Aesops fables (or similar), silver photo frame

Marne Thu 31-Jul-08 18:12:12

A bible would be good or a chldrens bible, dd got a lovely one for hers. I will also look at a st christopher. Great ideas, thanks

mum2jakeyroo Thu 31-Jul-08 18:40:29

glad to have been of help

Cies Thu 31-Jul-08 18:52:48

Also nice is a nicely bound classic children's book. Aesop's Fables, fairy tales, something like Beatrix Potter.

I know my DB was given silver cufflinks, which he has worn now as an adult, but they might come out a bit too expensive.

deepinlaundry Thu 31-Jul-08 19:05:02

I bought a nightlight that spun around and projected pictures on the wall.

JanieK Thu 31-Jul-08 20:26:54

I usually go for books as you can write something nice in the cover about the occassion you are celebrating with the date. I have bought lovely boxed sets of Thomas the tank/Winnie The pooh/Wind in the Willows/Mog books and they've always gone down well.

the Book People website quite often have them reduced too and you may get other books for the 2 other children cheaply too.

amidaiwish Sun 03-Aug-08 11:20:54

a tree for their garden?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: