Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chrstining gift for a 2 year old boy?

(12 Posts)
Marne Thu 31-Jul-08 15:52:46

My friend is getting her 4 boys christened and has asked me to be god mother to one of them (the 2.5 years old), what do i buy as a gift? do i need to buy for the other two (aged 9 and 1.5)?

Marne Thu 31-Jul-08 17:35:42

bump

mum2jakeyroo Thu 31-Jul-08 17:41:18

I think you should buy for all. Something small for the other 2. What price where you looking at spending on god son

Marne Thu 31-Jul-08 17:46:34

I'm not sure how much i want to spend, if i need to buy for all of them i need to keep the price as low as possible. I would like to get something special that he can keep forever but not something that is useless IYNWIM.

mum2jakeyroo Thu 31-Jul-08 17:59:14

ideas my ds got which I thought were good were a pocket watch and a st christopher. What about a bible to keep for the elder two

MingMingtheWonderPet Thu 31-Jul-08 18:01:53

Just bought for a 2 yo for a christening.

Some of the ideas I had were Brio train (my thinking was a nice wooden toy with longevity), book of Aesops fables (or similar), silver photo frame

Marne Thu 31-Jul-08 18:12:12

A bible would be good or a chldrens bible, dd got a lovely one for hers. I will also look at a st christopher. Great ideas, thanks

mum2jakeyroo Thu 31-Jul-08 18:40:29

glad to have been of help

Cies Thu 31-Jul-08 18:52:48

Also nice is a nicely bound classic children's book. Aesop's Fables, fairy tales, something like Beatrix Potter.

I know my DB was given silver cufflinks, which he has worn now as an adult, but they might come out a bit too expensive.

deepinlaundry Thu 31-Jul-08 19:05:02

I bought a nightlight that spun around and projected pictures on the wall.

JanieK Thu 31-Jul-08 20:26:54

I usually go for books as you can write something nice in the cover about the occassion you are celebrating with the date. I have bought lovely boxed sets of Thomas the tank/Winnie The pooh/Wind in the Willows/Mog books and they've always gone down well.

the Book People website quite often have them reduced too and you may get other books for the 2 other children cheaply too.

amidaiwish Sun 03-Aug-08 11:20:54

a tree for their garden?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now