Talk

Advanced search

Eco/allergy- friendly cleaning products?

(8 Posts)
FairyMum Thu 10-Feb-05 08:34:14

Does anyone know where to buy good eco-friendly cleaning products? I have got allergic children and thought they might be better for them?

pixiefish Thu 10-Feb-05 08:36:15

i use ecover and get it from my local health food shop. Tesco also sell them but I won't buy them there on principle

onlineid Thu 10-Feb-05 08:39:18

Message withdrawn

humphrey Thu 10-Feb-05 20:01:49

I use ecover multisurface cleaner (I think I got mine from Asda) for floors and cleaning the sink and bath. Ecover toilet thingy for the toilet when cleaned. Bicarb of soda for a scourer for getting rid of tidemarks on the bath and grease splats off the tiles and work surfaces. White vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle to clean the windows and soda crystals with water in a spray bottle to spray the shower door down with each day which works like those daily shower cleaners only by far much much cheaper. You can also use soda crystals for all sorts of other things. I use ecover laundry liquid and dish washing liquid. sells eco friendly cleaners and other bits .

SenoraPostrophe Thu 10-Feb-05 20:05:51

I sometimes use soap flakes with a little washing soda in the washing machine - doesn't get the stains out quite as well as other washing powder, but is fine for normal washes.

Heathcliffscathy Thu 10-Feb-05 20:06:47

don't how clean is your house people say vinegar and bicarb are all you need (oh and coke for the toilet which is my favourite)...!

milliways Thu 10-Feb-05 20:26:37

I have some microfibre cloths that really do clean windows, floors etc with only water. These are the only things that I can clean patio & shower doors etc with leaving NO smears!

FairyMum Thu 10-Feb-05 22:13:48

Thank you eberyone. Lots of good advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now