Talk

Advanced search

When can my child use a booster seat?

(5 Posts)
poocrumbs Wed 30-Jul-08 22:02:28

I saw one that said from 15kg. My dd will be that soon and she's just 2 and a quarter. Is there an age threshold aswell as a weight one?

Seona1973 Wed 30-Jul-08 22:22:15

I dont think they are recommended much before the age of 4. I think they are still supposed to be in a 5 point harness at your lo's age and the boosters are fitted using the adult seat belt.

sweetkitty Wed 30-Jul-08 22:25:16

I have just put 4yo DD1 in a high back booster, she is just 15kg now but 100cms tall so tall and skinny.

I would wait a while longer if you can the 5 point harness is a lot safer.

LIZS Thu 31-Jul-08 08:38:40

You can continue to use a harness seat until 18kg. There is no actaul age transfer as longa s the seat is weight appropriate but can you trust her not to undo the seat belt or remove the shoulder strap so young ? A booster cushion is from 22k

sazm Thu 31-Jul-08 09:53:56

you can get ones that are suitable from 15kg,but you would be much better keeping her in a harness a bit longer,if theres a reason you cant do that,get her a good high-backed booster as they offer MUCH more safety than a booster alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now