Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else had problems with their M&S '3 for2' schoolwear order?

(9 Posts)
cupcakes Wed 30-Jul-08 18:09:29

Placed an order almost three weeks ago for school uniform under their three for two offer. I qualified for free delivery and saved £20 off the total so was very pleased.

Today I received an email which said some of the items were no longer available and I would need to log on to my account details to find out what I would still be getting.
So I logged on and saw that it was now missing one set of polo shirts which were now sold out. No huge problem although I then glanced down at the total price and saw that whilst I still had the free delivery my other discount was no longer there.

So I phoned up to be told that when they issued me the email which said an item was missing it meant that they then sent everything else as a new order - and of course, the 3 for 2 offer no longer applies...

And they can do this apparently because the offer is 'subject to availability'. I pointed out that all the other items were still available so why couldn't I have them at the offer price, seeing as how it wasn't my fault that they had sold out of this one style of polo shirt. But no. Instead they offered me a credit off my next order but I said I didn't want to make any more orders from them now so would they please cancel my order in it's entirety and remove me from their mailing list. I may well have over reacted but was seething!

Have now got to drive all children into town tomorrow to buy uniform from somewhere else.

CarGirl Wed 30-Jul-08 18:11:27

that's annoying, I ordered some stuff in store on Sunday so couldn't collect it until Tuesday and they honoured the 3 for 2 for me (I asked before placing order though)

bythepowerofgreyskul Wed 30-Jul-08 18:13:46

We ordered stuff on 3 for 2 that I am picking up tomorrow..
Hope the 3 for 2 still applies

cupcakes Wed 30-Jul-08 18:14:55

I think it is convenient that although I ordered it several weeks ago they didn't get round to dispatching it till the offer had finished.

Sidge Wed 30-Jul-08 18:15:24

I will never use M&S online again - last Christmas it took 2 months for my order to arrive and half of it was wrong! And they didn't give a hoot when I was calling Customer Services.

I would go into the store, or buy elsewhere - Asda is cheap and Next schoolwear is good quality.

cupcakes Wed 30-Jul-08 18:17:10

Thank you. Am going to look at Next tomorrow.

CarGirl Wed 30-Jul-08 18:20:07

I only ordered from M&S because it was the only place I could get a couple of things certainly wasn't my first choice.

MilaMae Wed 30-Jul-08 18:41:50

I find Next a nightmare to be honest-far worse. Just messed up my order for the 3rd time angry!!!!!!

3girlies Wed 30-Jul-08 19:08:57

I had a nightmare with them at Christmas ordering online - would never bother again.
I ordered some school stuff in store and they arrived quickly and I got the 3 for 2 prices, so good this time, going into the store and doing it seemed to be more effective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now