Talk

Advanced search

bebe confort streety

(16 Posts)
sazm Wed 30-Jul-08 14:22:30

any one got one??
baby is due in september, i think its between this and the chicco trio for me.
my local shop doesnt have the streety so i cant see it in the flesh lol,
any opinions good or bad??
thanx

LittleConnie Wed 30-Jul-08 15:25:22

I've got one of these as it seemed to tick all my boxes... light & v suitable for public transport, front/rear-facing, folds really small, big shopping basket and decent carrycot/carseat attachments. I'm a first-timer also due in September so haven't actually used it with a real live baby yet! Had the same problem of not finding it anywhere to try out in the shop, so just took the risk and ordered it online. And so far I LOVE it. It's so easy to fold and looks v stylish too. Also v good value for money IMO

sazm Thu 31-Jul-08 09:46:47

thanx for the reply,just noticed my brains not working lol baby is due in december!
can you tell me: is it easy to take the seat unit off?(just the chicco i tried out was quite fiddly)
also is the seat cosy enough for a newborn or would i be better off with the carrycot too??
thanx x

LittleConnie Thu 31-Jul-08 09:59:19

The seat unit is really easy to take on and off... you just press a button on either side to lift it off, and literally just click it in to put it back on. The seat goes completely flat and would probably be cosy enough if you use the footmuff (which comes with it and you'll prob want for a winter baby anyway). But personally I wanted somthing a bit more secure and sturdy for when it's really small so went for the carrycot, which I'm intending to use as a moses basket too.

sazm Thu 31-Jul-08 10:23:36

ah cool,it sounds good,i had a look at it on the internet yesterday,i didnt realise you could get a carrycot for it until then,hmm im being drawn towards this now (especially when i seen you can get it in pink lol)

LittleConnie Thu 31-Jul-08 10:46:07

You can see a video demo for it here and I think they have a pretty good deal on it at Kiddicare. The pink is lovely but I've got an inkling I'm having a boy so went for a slightly more neutral red

sazm Thu 31-Jul-08 11:10:29

lol, i just found the video on the mothercare website,its swaying me towards it, it looks much easier to work than the chicco, and its much cheaper with the carrycot than it too.

sazm Thu 31-Jul-08 11:48:43

meant to say thanx for the link x
just read that you have to have the seat facing forward to fold it?is that right?is it easy enough to change it or would it bother you?also is the hood on the carseat attached to the handle of it?and when the seats fitted in the car where does the handle go?(soz for all the questions) just ive seen a few seats which have the hood fitted to the handle,but the handle has to be back when its in the car - meaning you cant use the hood when its fitted in the car?(hope that makes sense!!)
thanx again xx

LittleConnie Thu 31-Jul-08 13:28:00

my pleasure
It's true that it needs to be facing forward to fold... but I read a thread on a here a few months ago saying it is possible with a bit of fiddling to do it rear-facing, although the seat will stick out a lot more. To be honest I'm hoping not to need to fold it a lot while I'm out (if the bus is busy I'll just wait for the next one!), and when I'm at home it's so quick to take the seat off that it's not really an issue.

Can't really help on your questions on the carseat to be honest as I've barely taken it out of it's packaging yet as we don't have a car. I can have a look at the instructions when I get home and let you know though...

sazm Thu 31-Jul-08 15:32:59

lol, thanks very much,im a fusspot when it comes to carseats,that was the one thing i REALLY liked about the chicco,
ooh i think this is going to be a hard choice,lol

LittleConnie Sun 03-Aug-08 11:02:42

Hi saz not sure if you're still around... but the carseat hood is integrated with the handle, but the handle doesn't have to be back when it's in the car so it's no problem. Have been having a practice and it seems really easy to use. Have you made your decision yet?

sazm Mon 04-Aug-08 23:25:51

ah yes ive not been on for a few days,but am still lurking lol
thanks very much, thats great, i am really swaying towards the streety but i just read that the handle height is only 93cm??im 5ft7 and not sure if its going to be too low for me,hmm,i think im going to have to travel somewhere to look at one,

LittleConnie Tue 05-Aug-08 09:42:34

I had concerns about this... but I really don't think you need to worry too much. Dh is 6ft2 and it seems comfortable enough for him to use. Where are you based? I'm in West London and if you're anywhere near you're very welcome to come try it out once I'm off on maternity leave at the end of this month...

babyjjbaby Tue 05-Aug-08 12:19:30

have u got a babies r us by u if u have they useally have them on display the gloucester one does and the bristol one

nicolamumof3 Tue 05-Aug-08 14:05:24

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/5070/579582

sazm Wed 06-Aug-08 08:27:23

thanks very much im nowhere near you im afraid,im in scotland and the nearest babies r us is about 150 miles away! but i think i will phone them to see if they have it on display,
thanks very much xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now