Talk

Advanced search

What kind of carseat do we need to get for our 3 year old?

(7 Posts)
Holymoly321 Wed 30-Jul-08 09:17:27

DS1 is coming up to 3 and He's currently in a Maxi Cosi seat but now DS2 is nearly 9mths and is 22lbs, we want to put him in that seat and buy DS1 a new bigger seat. What are the recommendations? Don't want to spend an enormous amount of money but want a good one.

sazm Wed 30-Jul-08 11:54:03

depends what weight he is, as to whether he still needs a harness or whether he is heavy enough for a high-backed booster.if he is just coming up to 3, he probably will still need a harness.

DanJARMouse Wed 30-Jul-08 12:01:22

my nearly 3yr old is in a highback booster, but she is big for her age.

MY girls are both quite big, so DD1 is just on a booster at 4yo.

biglips Wed 30-Jul-08 12:05:06

best to go to Mothercare World as they will help you. My 3 yrs old got the height and weight of a 5-6 yrs old and also got v broad shoulders...she is in the booster seat and no probs at all.

annieshaf Wed 30-Jul-08 21:01:29

In exactly same position as you smiling. I am interested in the Britax Evolve 123 as it will take DS right through to age 11/12. Went to look at it in mothercare yesterday and quite liked it although the only problem was although it does recline you have to take the seat out of the car to recline it, DS1 still falls asleep in the car regularly so would have to keep it in the reclined position. Waiting for DH to check it in his car before I go ahead and buy one.
A-M

sazm Thu 31-Jul-08 09:44:08

i have the evolva 123 and its great,just recline it before you fit it,its not much of a recline but my 2yo is very comfy sleeping in it and she's very well supported in it.
if you go onto the britax website it will tell you if it fits your car or not.

LIZS Thu 31-Jul-08 10:03:10

We have the Evolva 123 Ultra for dd - found a great offer on Boots.com at the time. ds (10 & skinny) tried to sit in it the other day for a short journey (he's just about the minimum size not to need it anyway) and it was a real squash! So most 9-12yr olds wouldn't fit! Having said that it has been ideal for petite 6 yr old dd (had it 2 years now) but if you are planning to use it long term, perhaps eventually take out the harness for one child then reinstate it for another, it could prove a challenge. The "recline" is only suitable in certain configurations and is n't particularly useful imho. Also the base is quite wide so check you can reach the belt socket properly without causing buckle crunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now