Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on the Silver Cross Ventura car seat please

(7 Posts)
iwantmore Tue 29-Jul-08 22:49:40

Has anyone got one of these?

If so, do you like it? Negatives/positives?

Does anyone know how it scored in the Which? test?

aniseed Thu 31-Jul-08 11:15:12

I used this car seat for my ds and it was great. Ds was really comfy in it and it was quite easy to fit in the car. We also had the linear freeway pram which I loved. However, the handle snapped after 13 months of use. The company repaired it for free but I'm not sure how long it will last again for next baby.

iwantmore Thu 31-Jul-08 20:01:20

Thanks aniseed smile

What car do you have? Do you know if it would fit in a Ford C-Max?

aniseed Fri 01-Aug-08 10:18:28

I don't know - have a vauxhall zafira

We had the Ventura for DD (also had/have the Freeway Linear pram). Liked the car seat a lot. Looking at friends Maxi Cosi's and comparing them, ok so the ventura doesn't come in snazzy colours, but so what? Did the job alright. Bit of a knack fitting it into the car but don't they all? Once you've done it a few times, it's easy. We have a Fiesta and a Focus and fitted into both no problems.

nicolamumof3 Sun 03-Aug-08 17:44:00

agree bit of a knack to fitting it, but its a beautifully comfy seat, especially with the newborn insert and cosytoes etc. We loved ours.

scruffyy Sun 03-Aug-08 20:58:17

Make sure you are buying the latest colour/model as the first version was only a group 0 car seat (only up to 22lbs). The newer version is suitable up to a 29lbs baby and so will make sure your baby will be big enough for the next stage car seat. If you are buying from a highstreet store this shouldn't be an issue, but if you are buying second hand or from somewhere selling one very cheaply then better check!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now