Talk

Advanced search

Travel cot - recommendation for compact travel cot for 3 month old?

(11 Posts)
beanybean Tue 29-Jul-08 22:43:05

Need a travel cot that folds up small to take our 3 month old on holiday. Want one that we'll get lots of use out of so maybe one from birth but not just for babies. Any ideas?

OurHamsterisevil Tue 29-Jul-08 22:59:54

I have the Samsonite Bubble. It is great and folds away small. Only thing is now DS2 is 10 months old if he wants to roll around he can almost tip it over.

OurHamsterisevil Tue 29-Jul-08 23:00:35

By roll around, I mean push it over when sitting up. He is very mobile. It is still good for him though

DanJARMouse Tue 29-Jul-08 23:02:50

for a small baby, the samsonite bubble is the best.

DontNeedAnything Tue 29-Jul-08 23:06:40

Depending on how big baby is - we too kour moses basket on our first holiday. As small as oneo fthe Graco style folding trvale cots for transport and was smaller in the actual caravan - leaving us room to actually move! Also meant she was not in astrange environment and slept as well as she does at home.

OTOH I think the Samsonite one being recommended is smaller that the Graco style ones.

beanybean Tue 29-Jul-08 23:07:09

Great thanks for the advice! smile

anotherdayyetanothernickname Fri 01-Aug-08 19:17:41

Hi
Samsonite Bubbles are great when your baby is small but they lack longevity so you would then need to buy something else later on as well.
If you just buy a larger travel cot from the start, you will save money in the long run.

Instead of the bubbles, I'd recommend one of the modern style, lightweight travel cots. Watch out for some of the tent style ones though as some (not all) are tricky to put together at first.

Backgammon Fri 01-Aug-08 19:19:02

We got the Graco petite bassinette. It's a normal travel cot but I think it's 20% smaller so it's fairly light but doesn't take up huge amounts of space. It has a basinette bit on the top too for tiny babies.

MrsSprat Fri 01-Aug-08 19:28:19

this travel tent is fab and the small size is good from birth to 18-24 months. Very compact when folded - like small cushion. Much lighter than pack n'play type too. Well worth the dosh.

MrsSprat Fri 01-Aug-08 19:32:32

also doddle to put up - it self-assembles. You have to use brute force to squash it back down to bag size, but it's a knack. A good test of man-pride initially, especially as I figured it out before DH grin

theauthor Fri 01-Aug-08 20:08:26

Agree with MrsSprat - Ncessity is one of the ones we recommend in the book. Much easier to put up than the TwinArc.....I've had many a Krypton Factor-esque moment with mine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now