Talk

Advanced search

Calling all pram addicts? What would be your perfect buggy?

(18 Posts)
Loriycs Tue 29-Jul-08 22:16:15

What would your perfect buggy have to have, have you found it yet?? Which buggies would you combine to make the perfect one??

Loriycs Tue 29-Jul-08 22:22:11

My perfect buggy would have to be reversible so baby could face me or away. The perfect one would have a bugaboo type handle that you just flip over. It like a multi positional seat with a foot rest and a PADDED bumper bar like th lovely thick ones you see on the continent. I hateplastic bars/ trays. would need a detachable generous hood, and apron and all matching accesories. Generous basket and excellent suspension. Again i like bugaboo suspension. The whole thing must fold in one piece like the old style reversible buggies (maclaren, mothercare allez)and be light, easy to steer and small when folded.seat must be padded too. Would need a separate carrycot and be able to accommodate a carseat. Havnt yet found one that fits this bill??? Oh and in a range of tasteful colourways so i didnt see too amny others exactly the same.

blithedance Tue 29-Jul-08 22:28:55

A Phil and Ted's which could go rear-facing.

Loriycs Tue 29-Jul-08 22:31:30

i always worry that the lower seated child in a phil and teds is too near the ground. The single looks nice, ive never tried one though.

NorthernLurker Tue 29-Jul-08 22:34:02

I have actually found my Bugaboo to be my perfect buggy. Sometimes I have bad folding days grin but as I actually have to fold it very rarely it doesn't bother me.

Aside from that - a buggy which folded up small enough to go in a cycle basket would be v, v useful......

Loriycs Tue 29-Jul-08 22:38:48

I too have a bugaboo, it comes close but theres room for improvement with the seat i think. Too deep for baby in recline and too upright in sit up mode.i found that it pushes my dd (18 mths) too far forward and shes not in a natural sitting position as she would be in say an M&P Pramette in pushchair mode.Also no foot rest, looks uncomfortable. Its perfect to push and steer though. Im switching to a maclaren now she's a toddler though.

NorthernLurker Tue 29-Jul-08 22:40:38

My dd is 15 months and I've actually always been impressed by how comfortable she is in the Bug. The in between position is perefct when she's a bit sleepy and otherwise she loves being upright and watching the world. May be I hav a child with an odd shaped bottom.......grin

Loriycs Tue 29-Jul-08 22:43:16

MY dd is quite little for her age. I just dont find the seat base very deep. Mine is a frog, is yours a newer model/ upgrade?

busymum1 Tue 29-Jul-08 22:44:41

Loriycs have you looked at a loola almost fits bumper bar is only slightly padded and not very lightweight but I love mine as does ds2

iwantmore Tue 29-Jul-08 22:46:30

My perfect pram would be a bugaboo that doesn't look like a bugaboo iykwim.
I love all that it does and love the feel and push of it but cannot take to the way it looks (i prefer a trad looking pram).

I love my SC freeway which would be even better if it folded in one-piece

NorthernLurker Tue 29-Jul-08 22:47:32

I have a Cam - don't know if the seat is a lot different?

Loriycs Tue 29-Jul-08 22:49:56

i like the look of continental buggies, they just look more comfy. If i was buying one from birth now i would definately look at some continental models. ive seen some lovely ones in spain.

Loriycs Tue 29-Jul-08 23:01:39

Not thinking of buying one, just intersted in what makes the perfect buggy?? not wanting to know a specific model, but what would be your perfect creation.

ButterflyMcQueen Tue 29-Jul-08 23:08:29

bugaboo

MrsTicklemouse Tue 29-Jul-08 23:12:40

NORTHERN LURKER do you know that you can get a thing that attaches the quinny zapp to a bike theres on here

NorthernLurker Tue 29-Jul-08 23:20:56

Wow! No I haven't seen that. I wonder if it would fit on my bike - I have a seat on the back but it's bigger than in the pic there. Dh has a gazelle now though so maybe I should get him to carry it around for me.....of course I would have to buy another pram as well - oh no, what a hardship that would be! wink

Loriycs Wed 30-Jul-08 14:26:30

Any seen the Kiss Moon yet? Like a zia star but more padded and has a bumper bar, come in 6 colours.

onelittlelion Wed 30-Jul-08 18:37:34

Mine would be a mini Mountain Buggy Urban. Same but smaller. When ds was smaller I loved my Gecko too so would have liked that to be have had bigger seat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now