Talk

Advanced search

Rear facing easy folding stroller - is it possible?

(31 Posts)
GillianLovesMarmite Mon 28-Jul-08 21:22:53

Hi,

I am enjoying my bugaboo immensely and am a self confessed sling addict, but I could also do with a stroller. I've read a couple of previous conversations re the rear facing issue, but all of the suggested pushchairs were more like the bugaboo and not easy folding or lightweight.
Any help or advice appreicated.
Thanks.

ChasingSquirrels Mon 28-Jul-08 21:26:22

I have the Bebe Confort Activ, it is umbrella fold, reasonably lightweight, reasonably easy to fold (in both rear and forward facing positions).
Unfortunately they no longer sell it and you don't see many on e-bay.
The Loola maybe worth a look?

differentID Mon 28-Jul-08 21:27:27

how lightweight is lightweight?

cheesesarnie Mon 28-Jul-08 21:27:57

loolas rubbish,i brought one a couple of weeks ago after wanting one and telling myself it would be perfect for ages.it was really disappointing.huge!

2point4kids Mon 28-Jul-08 21:28:56

Bugaboo Bee. It is perfect.

ChasingSquirrels Mon 28-Jul-08 21:29:47

I haven't tried a Loola, just seen it in shops, haven't liked it as much as the Activ just from that, but some people love it.

GillianLovesMarmite Mon 28-Jul-08 21:38:37

The only loola I have seen was the system in mothercare which was similar to but bigger than the bugaboo...

ChasingSquirrels Mon 28-Jul-08 21:39:25

but it would fold smaller wouldn't it?

GillianLovesMarmite Mon 28-Jul-08 21:42:28

Oooh... have just looked on google for bebe confort loola and it looks promising!
I just need to know if it folds with the seat on...

ChasingSquirrels Mon 28-Jul-08 21:43:35

defo have a really good try of it though, some people love but others hate.

cheesesarnie Mon 28-Jul-08 21:44:47

i agree try it.i loved look of it but i reality its huge and not too light

GillianLovesMarmite Mon 28-Jul-08 21:45:11

... although on looking further I don't think the loola goes rear facing - boo.

2point4kids Mon 28-Jul-08 21:45:50

Bee Bee Bee

ChasingSquirrels Mon 28-Jul-08 21:49:19

the loola is definately rear facing.
what about the streely. No experience of this - just saw the link.

pgwithnumber3 Mon 28-Jul-08 21:52:18

How old is your DC Gillian? I too have a Bugaboo and a stroller and most certainly didn't need to have another rear-facing pushchair, when your DC gets a bit older, they really like to be looking at the world. DD2 is 10 months and absolutely loves looking forwsrd, she goes mad if I put the Bugaboo facing me! DD1 was the same as well.

Save your money and just buy a Maclaren Quest for little trips.

woodenchair Mon 28-Jul-08 21:53:52

another no for the loola. it was good with the windoo on and when ds was tiny as it's rear facing,, but as a buggy it's heavy, very wide and can't steer with one hand (something I loathed).

I stopped using mine when ds was 8 months.

GillianLovesMarmite Mon 28-Jul-08 21:57:47

I just looked at the bugaboo bee - it's amazing - I want one!! I just need to find out what age the child can face you up to... and save up some money...

GillianLovesMarmite Mon 28-Jul-08 22:02:09

DS is 6 months and I sooo still want him to face me!! I'm now loving the bee, but I think I'll have to look for a 2nd hand one (anyone know anyone with one to sell??)... Plus, this would give me the option of him looking either way!

pgwithnumber3 Mon 28-Jul-08 22:02:55

I love the Bee and if money was no object, I would have one BUT the seat unit on them is TINY! I tried DD2 in one in Mothercare the other day, she looked huge in it and is a diddy 10 month old.

ChasingSquirrels Mon 28-Jul-08 22:06:23

fwiw I got a rear facing p/chair (Activ as mentioned earlier) for ds1 when he was 9mo, after looking at them for about 3mo.
He used it until he was 2, and went forward facing twice - both times to eat at the table with us and then back to the car as it was easier not to have to turn it again.
When ds2 was about 6mo I got a more substantial rear-facer (3-wheeler, heavy etc) and use this daily for the school run (ds2 is now 2.5y) and have the Activ in the car.
ds2 has also only been forward facing a handful of times.
Neither of them have ever been distressed with rear-facing.

pgwithnumber3 Mon 28-Jul-08 22:06:29

Have found this Bee on ebay BUT it is missing a part on it which means you can use it rear facing!

GillianLovesMarmite Mon 28-Jul-08 22:12:53

Cheers for the link, but a bit dodgy as the seller isn't sure whether it will do rear facing even though he found the part....

pgwithnumber3 Mon 28-Jul-08 22:35:12

It is the only second hand one on ebay! If you got a Mothercare card you would get 10% off!

GillianLovesMarmite Mon 28-Jul-08 22:40:40

True - I did that to get the big Bugaboo!

pgwithnumber3 Mon 28-Jul-08 22:45:22

There is a shop near Liverpool which is very reasonably priced. I noticed they had the Bee last week when I was in there. They do 10% off RRP but you don't need to apply for a card to get it. here They are very nice as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now