Talk

Advanced search

Cross-country pushchair for one and eventually two.

(6 Posts)
Binny Mon 28-Jul-08 12:59:19

Hello,

I am 21 weeks pregnant and have a whopping 2 yrs old (almost 3 stone) and would like to be able to go on some country walks. I can't use the backpack anymore - 2 yr old is too heavy, so I'd like to buy an all-terrain pushchair that could take toddler now and toddler and baby eventually (think I could manage with a sling for 3 months if there are models that aren't suitable from birth) and that is suitable for country walks and maybe a bit of jogging.

I don't want to do anything too hardcore, but can anyone recommend something suitable that isn't too huge, so I could use it around town, and isn't too expensive? Or am I asking too much? Can Phil & Teds Sport cope with rough terrain?

Would be grateful for any advice.

bethoo Mon 28-Jul-08 13:01:33

think the phil and teds sport is your best option as anything else may be too top heavy if your toddler is a heavy one.

onelittlelion Mon 28-Jul-08 17:27:42

ABC might work here They aren't cheap new (I think 299 for the single00 but have seen a couple of bargain ones on ebay. Quite a few others take a toddler seat. I think the new Baby Joggers do and have quite a high weight limit too. Not sure if they'd be beeter than a Phil and Ted's tho.

nannyL Mon 28-Jul-08 19:34:30

phil and teds will cope.

you might need to lock the front wheel though (which is quick and easy to do) smile

MuffinMclay Mon 28-Jul-08 19:59:02

P&T is fab on rough terrain. Ours is mainly used for that (2.3 yo and 5 mo dcs). Great wheels.

I never lock the front wheel - it gets too heavy and annoying to push on rough ground if you do, imo.

Binny Thu 31-Jul-08 12:55:27

Thanks v much for the advice. It sounds like Phil & Ted is the best bet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now