Talk

Advanced search

Nintendo ds R4 card or NDSTT card help....

(7 Posts)
Nixz Mon 28-Jul-08 11:35:12

...I know they are back up/memory for games and I know it is illegal to download games from the internet.
Who has one and what do they do with it?
If I had all my neices and nephews here grin could I copy their games onto it aswell?
If so how?

Romalo Mon 28-Jul-08 12:12:35

It is not illegal... grin

here

They are FANTASTIC. Games can be downloaded very easily and take seconds to transfer onto the memory card. For the price of one R4 card, which is about the same as a cheap game (see Amazon), you can have unlimited games. Dead easy Youtube instructions

Nixz Mon 28-Jul-08 12:48:54

The card is not illegal but the actual 'download' of free games on the internet is, isnt it?

i have just phoned someone I know who works at Gamestation and they said that X (who works in the store), his brother has just been fined £2000 for downloading games. shock

This is all so confusing hmm

Romalo Mon 28-Jul-08 13:05:39

The article I linked to was dated 13th June this year and is a new ruling saying it is not illegal (prior to this it was deemed to be illegal)so perhaps the fine was before this?

Nixz Mon 28-Jul-08 16:32:21

I wonder how we can find out for sure, friend in gamestation said the authorities are 'tracking' IP addresses on downloading sites, they are catching people that way.

Ive googled for the legalities but cant seem to come up with anything.

HappyMummyOfOne Tue 29-Jul-08 19:42:27

Any chip or modification can be done, however downloading software etc that has copyright is illegal.

Nixz Wed 30-Jul-08 10:56:21

Thats what I thought, there are some 'home-made' games available, not sure what they are like though.

Also, it can be used for MP3 and MP4, so thats good.

How do you 'back up' your games though?

Because, then I caould 'back up' my neices and nephews games aswell, iyswim grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now