Talk

Advanced search

Child Headphones for in car DVD

(12 Posts)
Paddlechick666 Mon 28-Jul-08 08:34:30

Have just invested in a portable DVD player for dd who is 2.9 and need some advice on a good set of headphones that don't cost the earth.

She's actually the size of an average 4yr old and I've been advised to get something noise reducing to allow for car engine noise etc.

Anyone got any ideas?

TIA

smile

Paddlechick666 Mon 28-Jul-08 09:58:30

bump.

Hulababy Mon 28-Jul-08 10:04:14

My 6y DD has these but in pink with hearts. They seem to fit very well.

littlelapin Mon 28-Jul-08 10:05:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Mon 28-Jul-08 10:05:46

littlelapin Mon 28-Jul-08 10:07:52

Paddlechick666 Mon 28-Jul-08 10:18:55

hula, cool thanks for that. i was looking at them but wondered how good they really were. always good to get a personal recommendation.

lapin, that is exactly the reason why I want headphones!

lovin those wireless ones but A) they're more expensive that the DVD player was LOL and B) I'm not certain the DVD player supports wireless.

hula, how long is the cable on those mini-mice ones? dd will be in the back seat and the dvd player will be on the headrest.

Hulababy Mon 28-Jul-08 15:13:19

I would have thought they'd be long enough for that. The wire is bout 6y DD's height (can you tell I can't find a tape measure?!) so about 120cm I think grin

DD seems very happy with them, and she was a pain with others, taking them off, etc.

Paddlechick666 Tue 29-Jul-08 09:37:39

cool, thanks. they sound ideal adn i've ordered the bee ones off ebay. couldn't find the pink hearts one but no drama, we are drowning in pink as it is LOL.

nailpolish Tue 29-Jul-08 09:44:23

we dont bother with headphones, we just suffer it

im not too keen on headphones for children

Paddlechick666 Tue 29-Jul-08 09:49:37

nailpolish, yes I know what you mean but I'm intending the headphones just for in-car use.

In fact, I'm not really anticipating the DVD will be in use at any other time. Really not keen on kids watching DVD players in restauarants etc. Altho it might be handy on rainy camping days/evenings I'll admit.

Trouble is, the VDub camper is a very noisy old girl and I doubt the volume would go high enough to drown out the engine LOL.

We'll see I guess, bet I'll be back in 3 months complaining that my dd is addicted to the portable DVD player grin

nailpolish Tue 29-Jul-08 09:53:05

its sooooooooooo handy for lon car journeys isn t it

ive not used it any other time either

ill be watching with interest to see how you get on with them

let me know

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now