Talk

Advanced search

Sims 2 university

(32 Posts)
turquoise Wed 09-Feb-05 00:20:34

Ds aged 10 (Sims fanatic) is desperate for it. How innapropriate is it likely to be? I've seen the trailer and it looks okish except for one snog on the sofa moment - can anyone help? He's got all the other Sims and doesn't seem to have picked up any horrors, but the whole university scenario rang a few warning bells.

turquoise Wed 09-Feb-05 12:58:10

bump?

champs Wed 09-Feb-05 19:54:40

hi, the sims universty is for the sims2. It will be a little risqey but not much more than the other.
Did he have hot date for the sims?

champs Wed 09-Feb-05 19:58:01

they can whoohoo tho but nothing too graphic.
It will be all different aspects of uni life

I will be getting it. I am sims mad!!

turquoise Wed 09-Feb-05 20:55:39

Thanks Champs. Hot date is the other one I wouldn't let him have, just thought it sounded a bit unnecessary for a 10 year old!
Do they "woohoo" in other Sims games then? I haven't spotted any goings on, but ds mainly likes sending them out to work

champs Thu 10-Feb-05 18:11:53

they can woohoo in other sims if they invite someone to lie on bed with them. there is a lovebed that came with hot date. they can also play in the love tub, changing booth and dressing room. they can ^make out^ on the sofa, on the picnic basket blanket, on the bear rug, on the sunbathing towel and in the resturant booth.

Hot date made sims able to leave the home lot and go shopping. the shops and resturants make it a good ep to have. do you/ds have any other ep's?

Yorkiegirl Thu 10-Feb-05 18:12:56

Message withdrawn

champs Thu 10-Feb-05 18:19:42

yorkie--- all the stuff in my last post was referring to sims 1.
sims2 is more up to date but i loved the old sims all the stuff was so good!!

I haven't played it for a while tho as haven't had the chance. sims2 has added alot of things to game play like the aging and more interaction with work and school. kids get homework and also can go to private school. also sims can grow old and ultimately die (unless you stop the aging.
oh yes and the women can get pg and you see the belly grow, ms and everything. you can interact more with babies and toddlers.... I am goin on aren't I . will stop before I bore ya

milliways Thu 10-Feb-05 18:19:56

My DD had SIms deluxe, hot date & holiday but is gouing to trade them in now as she is addicted to Sims2 (Christmas pressie) which she says is much better - but still enjoys just building & furnishing the houses a lot.

Yorkiegirl Thu 10-Feb-05 18:20:57

Message withdrawn

champs Thu 10-Feb-05 21:51:31

millways-- if she trades/sells them then she can use money and get the university ep.

lol, yorkie, get it to rent from video rental store like blockbusters, then you can have a play and see if you like it.

champs Wed 09-Mar-05 23:13:45

it's out tomomrow!!

GeorginaA Thu 10-Mar-05 08:51:23

Oh wow... going to have to buy that now!

Am SUCH a Sims addict...

champs Thu 10-Mar-05 21:15:33

grrrrrr. got it wrong, tis tomorow it is out, bah!!!
guess where i'm going after school?

GeorginaA Thu 10-Mar-05 21:50:27

I know - I was gutted when I went to collect my copy sniffle

milliways Thu 10-Mar-05 22:10:49

DO you know how much it is? My DD has traded in all her Sims1 + expansion packs for a credit note at Gamestation & has been holding on to it for this very day!

GeorginaA Thu 10-Mar-05 22:44:30

Sims University is an expansion pack, so she'd need to get Sims 2 first (approx £30) and then the expansion (approx £17). (Prices that Amazon are selling them for).

champs Thu 10-Mar-05 22:51:30

rrp is £25.99 bound to be cheaper online but I cant wait and will be running to shops like a mad thing.

georgina--- sorry i asked where it was and was told due out tomoro that they were downstairs, so close yet so far!

milliways Thu 10-Mar-05 22:54:02

She has Sims2, & can't wait for the uni pack.

GeorginaA Thu 10-Mar-05 22:55:15

I'll be going to the shops too

HOWEVER, I asked Tesco and they said that release date was tomorrow - they might be a good place to price it up as they are generally reasonably priced for games... (well, more reasonably than Pissy World at least...)

champs Thu 10-Mar-05 23:08:08

milliways -- i think it was a really good idea for her to trade games in for it, teaches value of money and also she will appreciate it more.

GeorginaA -- was thinking about tesco too.
btw do you use cheats and hacked objects?

cant wait!! gonna scandisk and defrag over night. to get cpu ready.

HUNKERMUNKER Thu 10-Mar-05 23:41:00

Try play.com for games - always good prices and no delivery charge! They deliver on the release date if you pre-order too

GeorginaA Fri 11-Mar-05 08:32:57

I'm a Sims purist - no 3rd party objects whatsoever (which appears to be no downloadable objects at all for Sims2 now?! Or am I misreading the website?) - mainly because of fears of it messing up the game (yes, I got wary after Sims1 ) I tend to find that most cheats & objects unbalance the game and make it boring very quickly - I'm not even too convinced about those reward objects you get for achieving your goals - they make things a bit too "easy".

I use the money cheat occasionally if I'm in a dream home design mode.

I miss all the extra stuff you could do at home like you could in Sims1 though (the farming & cooking stuff in particular). The only expansion pack I didn't get much out of was the Magic one - by that point there was just too much stuff I wanted my Sims to do - it was just overload!

champs Fri 11-Mar-05 12:52:18

lol. does that include skins?
yes i do miss some of the sims1 stuff. I only got mm so that I could have the baking stuff.

there are dowloads for sims2

champs Fri 11-Mar-05 12:52:56

lol. does that include skins?
yes i do miss some of the sims1 stuff. I only got mm so that I could have the baking stuff.

there are dowloads for sims2
agree you have to be very careful tho one bad d/l can crash the whole game

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now