Talk

Advanced search

Sling wearers - over here!

(13 Posts)
RambleOn Thu 24-Jul-08 22:27:43

I am currently pg and due in early Jan, when my DD will be 2.2.

I have never used a sling before, and am wondering how difficult it would be to push my DD in the pushchair whilst wearing my newborn in a sling.

I am a bit tight for money at the moment, and thought that it might be feasible to go for this option for the first three months, then buy a lightweight double buggy.

I don't actually recall going out much with DD for the first couple of months anyway grin

I also wonder whether wearing the sling round the house for furtive bf might help with any sibling rivalry ishoos grin

Any advice?

Dalrymps Thu 24-Jul-08 22:33:56

hugabub is very comfortable smile

princessglitter Thu 24-Jul-08 22:36:17

The moby is my recommendation for newborns - or any stretchy wrap.

I do not possess a double buggy and have a 2 year old and a nine month old, so it can be done.

muppetgirl Thu 24-Jul-08 22:38:35

Hugabub very fab. Used it all the time and even used it a couple of weeks ago even though ds is 8m 1/2 months and 22lbs! Still comfy though due to his weight will be looking to find other ways of tying it.

RambleOn Thu 24-Jul-08 22:45:48

Fab, it's possible then smile

Will google recommendations, thanks

DKMA Thu 24-Jul-08 22:47:45

This one is great - and the fat ginger woman on the advert is me!! 4 weeks after lo was born grin

VictorianSqualor Thu 24-Jul-08 22:52:49

I've just ordered a mei tai from ebay.com (us ebay)
Cost me £24 incl p&P.
Under £18 (about $36ish) you don't have to pay custom tax, but may have to pay a couple of quid duty.
Way worth it when they are £40-£50 here!

RambleOn Thu 24-Jul-08 22:58:14

Don't those babies all look so snug and cosy smile

lisad123 Thu 24-Jul-08 23:00:16

I would recommend Close sling or Kari me

berolina Thu 24-Jul-08 23:04:20

I have been doing sling-for-ds2 and pushchair-for-ds1 since ds2 (10 months) was born. ds2 has been in a pram about 5 times in his life. It's great.

I have a manduca, and before that I had a marsupi
(sorry, can't find any pages in English). The Marsupi is suitable from birth (as is the Manduca) and a great one to start with if you're daunted by wrap slings. I also have an Ellaroo wrap.

RambleOn Thu 24-Jul-08 23:05:17

Baby is due in January - am I going to be able to wear these stretchy ones over my coat, or will I need a huuuuge coat to go over the sling? grin

berolina Thu 24-Jul-08 23:08:59

A babywearing coat (google Kindercoat) or cover will see you through the cold days

RambleOn Thu 24-Jul-08 23:28:55

this is FAB!

Would take my fleece wardrobe to a whole new level of mumsiness grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now