Talk

Advanced search

Pumps/ water treatment for above ground easy set pools.

(6 Posts)
smartiejake Thu 24-Jul-08 19:47:14

Ok so finally found a flat part of my garden and set up the easy set pool (12 foot so took 9 hours to fill shock

They have finished with it for the day so I have set up and turned on the pump and it seems to be working ok but how long should I leave it on for?

Also have a chlorine "bobby" thing that floats in the water and gives of a measured dose appropriate to the size of pool.

Anyone use any other treatments that are not too fiddly or expensive? I am determined not to have to fill the pool up again this summer so really want to keep the water safe and clean.

smartiejake Thu 24-Jul-08 19:55:08

Anyone- it's been on for an hour already? Forgot to say I have put a cover on it

smartiejake Thu 24-Jul-08 20:06:16

grin

lulumama Thu 24-Jul-08 20:10:40

we have this pool, DH got very carried away and bought:

solar cover

bobby chlorine thingie !

heater

pump

net to fish leaves out !!!

pool was absolutely fine all summer, until DDs last birthday party where DS and his mates all took over teh pool and then recreated woodstock in the garden ! have never seen so much mud, the pool was black !

but apart from that, it was fine grin

smartiejake Thu 24-Jul-08 21:15:03

Ours isn't actually on the lawn. We have this strange shingle bed in our garden that the last owners put in when they had obviously ran out of paving stones! We put down some old underlay and set it up there and are making the dcs wash their feet before they go in it to reduce the bits.

Just turned off the pump and looked at the filter and it didn't seem very dirty. Not sure if it's actually doing anything but the pool was only used for the first time today so perhaps not very dirty.

electricluluarella Thu 24-Jul-08 21:17:23

sounds like it will be fine, especially if no mud. cannot remember how long DH had pump on for last year, not been warm enough yet to get it set up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now