Talk

Advanced search

Stokke Xplory from Birth

(5 Posts)
Brazilianmum Thu 24-Jul-08 16:29:02

I bought an Xplory for my DS who was born in February 08. Initially I used the baby bag like a moses and he slep in it and we also used it to take him out. He outgrew that at 4 months and I have been using the Maxi Cosi attached to the Xplory to get out and about.

The question is - can you use the Xplory seat for under six month with the baby insert. The literature says 6m plus, but the US site says from birth.

I saw someone yesterday with her month old baby in the seat so was a bit annoyed that I didn't try ds in mine yet.

BrownSuga Thu 24-Jul-08 16:31:42

I used it from birth. Didn't buy that cot attachment thingy. The seat reclines fairly flat, and used the baby insert.

HappyNewYearFeet06 Thu 24-Jul-08 19:33:39

I thought you could use it from birth just with the seat insert cushion.

wombleprincess Sun 03-Aug-08 04:40:07

just out of interest, are you happy with your xplory... trying to decide between this and ghe quinny buzz?

Brazilianmum Thu 07-Aug-08 08:55:10

I was put off the quinny buzz because I saw it tipping over with a toddler on the seat. The larger quinny is better I think.

The Xplory is really good and easy to manouver, even one handed. It lacks in hanging space, but I solved this by using double sided velcro strips to my handle bars to secure shopping bags if needed. I also don't think it's very good on trains but may be just because I haven't done this very often. Also not very good on buses as you won't be able to colapse it.

On the good side, it fits in the boot of our C3 and I think it folds down very easily, though it may take a few weeks for the buttons to soften.

I love that it's high and can face forward or backward. It's very striking, so you get lot's of stares and comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now